New Spyderco Lock?

V44

In a post by DL on the Tim Wegner Jr. thread, he mentions a new spyderco lock. Could someone tell me what this is, and which of Spyderco's knives have a new lock?. I know of only the liner lock and the lock back types. Can I see a knife with the new lock on the Spyderco site? And if so, which knife? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by V44 (edited 03-18-2000).]

I think this is probably one of Sal and crew's most closely guarded secrets. No one knows much about it- and I doubt you'd find and accurate pic anywhere.

At one point Spyderco was discussing a lock in conjuction with REKAT, which would have been like the rolling lock. However, that collaboration fell through. Come to think of it, I heard another more recent name for the new lock, but I can't recall it at the moment. Sounded catchy though.

clip

We'll likely have to wait 'til Sal and crew are ready to release it.

The one thing I really like about some of the new locks, like the rolling and axis-types, are that they tend to wear in, rather than wear out. I hope Spyderco's new lock will be one that has such qualities.
Jim

It's been called the "compression lock" in previous threads. I think the new Gunting will have it as it is described as having a new and very simple. Thats all I know for now.

Back