The Karve Is Out

Their newest folder; whats your thoughts ?AUS10 ; Again, very un Thompson/Demko like in design ;thats what CS was all about.
Not visually appealing to me, the handle in particular. Side note, I really dislike that generic clip type, with two inline screws. Seen often on Chinese folders.

Interesting. Not old school CS like you say, but we all knew they were going move away from that eventually. I kind of like it.

If they're going to continue this trend of having the front of the handle angle back from the blade, then they could at least have the thumb stud reside in that area when open so it doesn't get in the way when cutting.

I had a feeling no one would be all over this ; jux t ; your right that generic pocket clip doesnt help the situation looks like it came off a Civivi or something.....

1. What is the point of the knife? Seems like a knife for the sake of a knife. "We are a knife company so we need to make another knife. It's about that time."

Cold steel wasn't like that. New ideas were the impetus for new products. For example - the Cold Steel paradox. "Cold Steel has produced The Paradox®. Available in two sizes, it's designed from the ground up to specifically mimic a traditional Balisong or Butterfly knife in every respect but one, it can't be opened with one hand! That's right, the Paradox® is not a switchblade, gravity knife, or assisted opener and can't be opened without the use of both hands".

Clearly they had an idea about a new type of knife they could make, and made it. They didn't make it just for the sake of making something. Most Cold Steel products are like that, that is why they othen ended up being weird looking, because form followed function.

2. That is a stupid name. I didn't realize how stupid it was until I saw it on the blade. And the font is terrible.

3. The contours of the handle look uncomfortable.

To be fair cold steel has a lot of plain jane looking models that didn't break any molds pre GSM.

Just seems less inspired on this one.

This doesn't do anything for me either.

All of the new stuff looks too generic.

At least there are other companies to keep up with.

Between this, the fixed blade that looks like an Esee and the razortech series its a terrible direction to be heading; generic follow the herd knives.This Karve is no Caledonian Edge, ill tell you that....

Not for me, I dont like the ''sudo'' ''modern'' look, as others have said it looks like a kershaw knock-off! ............... 2 out of 10 from me!

Back