“The One That Got Away...”

Scuttlery

Gold Member
Was there ever a Becker that you contemplated purchasing—only to find that someone else beat you to it or it became no longer available? Or, maybe a great deal that expired or a model that went out of production before you committed?

Or... have you ever had one that managed to abscond from your sheath while in the backcountry? (Shudder to think...)

If so, feel free to share photos or stories.

I haven't lost any (thankfully), and am addicted to snagging good deals (so don't miss out on those too often unless by choice), but these two beauties that some of you might recognize were once available at what I considered to be reasonable prices, and in hindsight, I would have paid, but someone beat me to the punch:

I snapped a Camillus BK-9 during a chopping competition at BeckerWest. Ethan was there and after he got home he sent me a brand new Ka-Bar BK-9 to replace it. Talk about customer service! Haha!
I still miss that knife. I haven’t had a Camillus BK-9 since….I miss that little bit thicker Niner.

Also, I wish I would have ponied up for the BK-98 Tuko. Hard to pay secondary market prices. I use my BK-15 in the kitchen constantly, but I feel like the Tuko would make life a lot easier. Despite the premium price offering.

I’m with Jonny1280 Jonny1280 I really wish the BK98 would become available again, I should have picked up more than one.

Besides that, by the time I was ready to purchase the non-coated BK72 it was all sold out. Meh.

BK-20, evil car payment won out then they gone.

More BK4s...they go gone as well to soon. Best BK knife ever!

Almost was a BK2 but the Clear Resin with Green Glow Stone Dogwood Fire Fly handles made it easy to find...several times when critter cutting the deers I muderated of the time of many times. Same handles helped find it in literal killing field during large critter cutting season on my Non-Coated BK72.

Same thing for the Blue Resin with Green Glow Stone Dogwood Fire Fly handles on the BK5 when it was on large critter cutting duty as well.

When the bk98 Tuko came out, I was at work and couldn't order one.
By the time I got home and logged on that evening, they were already sold out

Another that missed the BK98 Tuko. Life was a little hectic at the time it was available and by the time I looked up it was gone. I'd love to see another release of these.

Always liked the 17.
Not many seen on this part of the globe.

Scuttlery Scuttlery that 18 of yours is a seriously beautiful setup!

I wish they would bring back the 4 for a short run. Mine got stolen by some assh....um, very bad people who broke into my camper trailer.

Also bringing back the 24 would be sweet.

I wish they would bring back the 4 for a short run. Mine got stolen by some assh....um, very bad people who broke into my camper trailer.

Also bringing back the 24 would be sweet.
Certainly sorry to hear about the break-in/theft of your 4... Bad people indeed!

Back