A Redmeadow Sgian Dubhs perhaps?

Thanks Dylan for the photos and comments. Always interesting.

Thanks John for considering a Redmeadow SGIAN DUBH - which I still have trouble pronouncing o_O;)

Somewhat unrelated but I dug through some old sketches and found some hideous SD's (can we just call them SD's now, it's unnatural to type out). I also found a paring knife sketch from one that I made the wife years ago, the knife has been MIA but the sketch lives on, I'm gonna revisit that.

Speaking of "wee blades" I do hope a Redmeadow SD can come to be. Would be beautiful as well as wicked handy and unique among wee blades in the EDC world of knife carry - with or without tube socks ;)

I'm definitely for the bog oak... just wish I could carve decoratively.
HC8ZMz7.jpg

Who else could ever write a song about being stared down by a bowl of oatmeal, and make it sound good!
Ha, that's the line that let me find out who he was. I told a buddy about that line and he knew who it was immediately. He had been on Austin City Limits but I never caught his name but I remembered that line "A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down.... (insert the perfect pause) and won" somehow my buddy was a fan. I've only met a small handful of people that knew who he was.

Well Dennis you've got half a knife there :) Was thinking about adding another feature to this Redmeadow SD :rolleyes:.

What do you all think - a stainless vile in the handle for 2 to 4 fingers of good single malt. :cool: Now that would be the first Redmeadow multitool though not likely the first SD with a bonus feature. As long as you don't run with it, what could go wrong? ;)

Last edited:
Here is a link to some African Blackwood (and Dessert Ironwood) available from BFs @Fixall.

The blackwood could be a good handle option if the Redmeadow SD happens - with or without the St. Bernard option. ;)

Back