Photos A Walk in Nature

April 4th, 2024

OUT LIKE A LION ! 🦁❄️
We got slammed ❄️:eek: Oh well, it's nature right ? :)

I was about to take the tarp off Serena ⛵ last week to start working on her and get her ready for another season of adventures.
I am glad I did not.
LglOMbI.jpg

My little shop in the backyard
X9z3DZ3.jpg

My Pampa Verijero was not impressed
b4LsyWy.jpg

Someone at the store asked me earlier today if I was going to go skiing later lol

It does look pretty in pictures I must say :)
jQdNvRE.jpg

No outdoor time for me again this weekend, but hopefully next weekend I can get out for a while. I absolutely need to do some yard work, but if we get two rainless days, I can devote one of them to fun. In the meantime, I tested out my new outdoors companion. It made short work of bark removal on this walking stick I collected several weeks ago:
sBZhQSY.jpeg

Thanks again, Dan :):thumbsup:

Thanks again, Dan :):thumbsup:
You are welcome mi amigo :)
I have not being able to get out much either as we try to catch up with our todo list.

The white trilliums in the forest must be getting ready to bloom soon, we gotta make plans to go check them out :thumbsup: :cool:

Verijero and I getting ready for the total solar eclipse tomorrow, a once in a lifetime event :cool:
YijkQ9y.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle hermano 👍😊

The winter scenery looks similar to how things look in my neck of the woods now.
The past couple of days were above freezing and with some rain which melted a lot of the snow.
No more xc ski 🎿 for a while.

I am happy to report that our chickadee friends were delighted with my new Verijero 😎
oqzcjad.jpg

fry6HXI.jpg

TogzybS.jpeg

0uUJIxC.jpeg

pyyquna.jpeg

zNc2gC8.jpeg

Have a wonderful day and a nice weekend folks !
Happy trails 😊
Incredible images Dan! :oops::):D

Hopefully since my little fixed pocket blade is made from a Kephart Old Hickory knife, it is still considered traditional. If not, mods let me know and I will delete.

Went to the local State Park for a walk in nature with the family and had a good but exhausting time. So many hills and valleys in that park... And we decided to bring the kids in the kids wagon.

Hopefully since my little fixed pocket blade is made from a Kephart Old Hickory knife, it is still considered traditional. If not, mods let me know and I will delete.

Went to the local State Park for a walk in nature with the family and had a good but exhausting time. So many hills and valleys in that park... And we decided to bring the kids in the kids wagon.

Look very traditional to me :)

I really miss those days mi amigo !!!
I never thought I would be saying this but time does fly indeed.
Our girls are almost all grown up, one in university and the other in grade 12.
Enjoy the exhausting times ! 😊

A rather cold and rainy day here in Eastern Ontario however we just had to go out so Okapi could meet the Chickadees :)
The little rascals were very reluctant to come out and play at first but eventually they could not resist it any longer and were fast acquainted with Okapi :cool:
UU4r5TS.jpg

PTqH8Rn.jpg

XC0QX73.jpg

Vg1U11x.jpg

OtrFKjm.jpg

5MdsSWb.jpg

This fella was standing in the same spot as a couple weeks ago. I did not see his/her partner today.
GjBicCt.jpg

And now a bit of free association psychology 😄
BUvB2uQ.jpg

9uWqHda.jpg

Look very traditional to me :)

Our girls are almost all grown up, one in university and the other in grade 12.
Enjoy the exhausting times ! 😊

A rather cold and rainy day here in Eastern Ontario however we just had to go out so Okapi could meet the Chickadees :)
The little rascals were very reluctant to come out and play at first but eventually they could not resist it any longer and were fast acquainted with Okapi :cool:
UU4r5TS.jpg

PTqH8Rn.jpg

XC0QX73.jpg

Vg1U11x.jpg

OtrFKjm.jpg

5MdsSWb.jpg

This fella was standing in the same spot as a couple weeks ago. I did not see his/her partner today.
GjBicCt.jpg

And now a bit of free association psychology 😄
BUvB2uQ.jpg

9uWqHda.jpg
Gracias mi amigo! My name is Grant by the way.

They do seem to be growing up in leaps and bounds. My eldest she is 4 close to 5, and my second and last kiddo he is 2 going on 3. I enjoy the exhausting times, but man I wish I had their energy.

Also your way with birds is nothing short of amazing!

I miss those days, too…
Today I was tidying up the shed and wondering if I would ever get to use the family-sized tent I have in there again.

Fantastic photos, Dan. You really made my day by posting that :):thumbsup:.

No outdoors activities for me today, but I did prep the Green Heron for a fresh coat of paint. I hope to get a walk in tomorrow morning, then paint the boat afterwards.
lAvfCSO.jpeg

I had a good morning outdoors today.

I knew the river was high, so I didn’t bring my boat. Looks like I would have just barely been able to squeeze through the culvert under the canal and out into the river:
1N415n8.jpeg

I saw one guy and his dog in an aluminum john boat squeeze through - he told me he had to lay flat on the bottom of the boat to make it.

Anyway, no way I was venturing out into that current with only manual propulsion.
NT5ComJ.jpeg

I made my way through the nettles, under and over downed trees and driftwood, and found what seemed like a decent fishing spot. I cast in a line, wedged my fishing pole in some tree branches, and went off exploring the river bank. I found a nice stick, and brought it back to where my fishing rod was.
L4QI5Me.jpeg

I stripped the bark off the stick, and was in the process of cutting rings around it at the grip area, when I heard a big splash in an eddy not 50 feet from where I was. I put a fresh piece of liver on my hook, went to where I heard the splash, and landed a nice catfish on the second cast:
4a1RqX1.jpeg

Winner, winner - catfish dinner!
2M6gIlQ.jpeg

4iD71yr.jpeg

I used these today as well, but no action shots:
LzMIVQ3.jpeg

I managed to paint the boat today too…

Winner, winner - catfish dinner!
Nice one Tom ! :thumbsup: :cool:
I've actually never had catfish believe it or not , considering how I like fish lol
That plate looks good !
You had me asking google " How to fillet catfish" and "How does catfish taste like ? " ☺️
That's one cool knife Christian :thumbsup::cool:
I was happy to enter for you on Ellis Wyatt Ellis Wyatt generous GAW !

And gracias to our little chickadee friend :)
oqzcjad.jpg

Nice one Tom ! :thumbsup: :cool:
I've actually never had catfish believe it or not , considering how I like fish lol
That plate looks good !
You had me asking google " How to fillet catfish" and "How does catfish taste like ? " ☺️
Not all catfish taste the same. The Channel Catfish I get from the Potomac taste really good, either filleted and fried, or just gutted and cooked on the grill. I soaked the fillets in Chrystal hot sauce, then coated them in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and fried them.

A couple of months ago I bought some catfish fillets from a local market, and the experience was not at all the same :confused:🤢.

From the Maryland DNR website:
Fishing Tips:
  • Channel catfish are very good to eat.

Not all catfish taste the same. The Channel Catfish I get from the Potomac taste really good, either filleted and fried, or just gutted and cooked on the grill. I soaked the fillets in Chrystal hot sauce, then coated them in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and fried them.

A couple of months ago I bought some catfish fillets from a local market, and the experience was not at all the same :confused:🤢.

From the Maryland DNR website:
Fishing Tips:
  • Channel catfish are very good to eat.
Oh man you are making me hungry. I am usually not a big fish guy, but fresh caught fried catfish with Louisiana style hot sauce (NOT Tabasco) is heavenly.

Not yet at full maturity, yet already delights the visitor with its eponymous fragrance…
HsGchhN.jpeg

uEbfUUC.jpeg

his6h3x.jpeg

I ran into some of the “local color” again on my way back home from the woods - the ne’er-do-well who cuts my folks’ grass, and his helper. He asked me what I was up to, and I said I was out looking for somebody to beat up with this stick I found, and that he seemed to be a likely candidate.
G7RC6D3.jpeg

He impeded traffic on the neighborhood street for a few minutes with his landscaping rig, while we chatted about our elderly parents and nursing homes and such.

Last edited:
Back