Am I the only one who doesn’t love the SHF?

Am I the only one who doesn’t love the SHF?

• Yes

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Whatchu talkin’ bout Willis?

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I don’t understand the question

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
There seems to be a lot of love for the SHF. I just don’t see it. I must be getting old and going crazy. Lol.

Why the SHF just doesn’t do it for me…

The ergos on the SHF just don’t work for me, unfortunately. Full stop. :( I also haven’t handled a SHF that the action was exceptional or acceptable to me.

I really wanted to love the SHF. Tell me why you love yours! Also, photos can’t hurt a poll thread. ;)

I only have one large and it fits me very well and the action is better, subjectively, than my Sebenza 31 or my Inkosi. Downside is overall size. Price is a wash when comparing those three.

Price is reasonable, a selection of graphics, U.S. made, not the greatest EDC knife, but for me, it’s a good work knife that I don’t have to worry about.
I’m sure there’s better, but for what it is, I like the three I have.

IMG_0703.jpeg

I have a large. I like the build, and ergos are ok for me, but it’s big. At 4”, it hits the upper limit of what size is my sweet spot. I figured the small would be perfect… ordered one… too small, not to mention major lock stick. I returned that one and never felt the desire to continue with them.

ETA: just noticed a local shop has some small pjs with blue hardware, and now I’m looking again… damn it, how does this keep happening?

I have 7 large ones and 1 small, I'm a bit of a fan 😁. All the ones I have have great action. They are my favorite EDC. Current favorite is the royal flush that I swapped the blade on.

Attachments

• PXL_20240423_023456483.jpg
    PXL_20240423_023456483.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 5
I have 7 large ones and 1 small, I'm a bit of a fan 😁. All the ones I have have great action. They are my favorite EDC. Current favorite is the royal flush that I swapped the blade on.
It’s actually your fault that I started looking at them again. Haha! You do have some nice graphic SHFs. 👍🏼

I don't dislike them at all and if I ever ran across the right model (graphics from 2018) I might give it another try. But to me they fall in basically the same slots as my CRKs and I prefer my CRKs over the couple SHF I tried.

I've only handled one once, didn't leave a terribly strong impression on me. Maybe it's just not my thing?

Though I will say the graphics they add can be super impressive, I'd probbaly consider one with the right decoration...

Back