Any Emersons thinner than others?

WalterDavis

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I’ve picked up a 7V and an ex-100, love the designs and the functionality of them! However, my Kershaw Emerson designs and ZT 0640 get more pocket time, due to the thinness of the designs. Do any of the Emerson production knives have a frame lock or just an overall thinner design?

Not really. They all share the same blade stock, liner, and G10 thickness. If I remember correctly, some of the colored G10 options are actually thicker scales. The frame lock models, HD-7 and Iron Dragon, are thinner due to one side being Ti, but good luck finding one.

Not really. They all share the same blade stock, liner, and G10 thickness. If I remember correctly, some of the colored G10 options are actually thicker scales. The frame lock models, HD-7 and Iron Dragon, are thinner due to one side being Ti, but good luck finding one.
Thanks, that’s what I was guessing just haven’t had my hands on enough of them to be sure!

If anyone has the opportunity to talk to Ernie, this should absolutely be a thing - an HD Horseman (this one by Nath a long time ago):

mcsJH3gh.jpg

1DXPArch.jpg

rYefRgIh.jpg

IHF6JCEh.jpg

6YXlUnNh.jpg

ignpZbCh.jpg

Nvt31Ddh.jpg

If anyone has the opportunity to talk to Ernie, this should absolutely be a thing - an HD Horseman (this one by Nath a long time ago):
I have a few Nath Emersons and they're incredible. Unfortunately, Emerson doesn't seem to want to move on from liner locks and 154CM.

I have a few Nath Emersons and they're incredible. Unfortunately, Emerson doesn't seem to want to move on from liner locks and 154CM.

I live is some of the worst humidity (Bali, Indonesia) and travelled extensively around Brazil. The other knives with bearing, autos, and different steels are just not practica and DON"T hold up!

I do wish that Ernie made one with LN200 rust free steel. But the liner lock with the nylon washers are great.

I do wish that Ernie made one with LN200 rust free steel. But the liner lock with the nylon washers are great.
Magnacut would be an even better step up for corrosion resistance. Almost rust free, but hold an edge longer than LN200.

Magnacut would be an even better step up for corrosion resistance. Almost rust free, but hold an edge longer than LN200.
I am not familiar with magnacut ease of sharpening. I know that LN200 is easy to sharpen

I use a Wicked Edge, so it's easy to sharpen. It reminds me of S30V when sharpening.

I am not familiar with magnacut ease of sharpening. I know that LN200 is easy to sharpen
You would definitely like it. Imagine S35vn with much better toughness, much better corrosion resistance, better edge retention, and same sharpening. There is a reason it the current storm.

Back