Anyone looking for a Junglas?

I'm not just being nice and this has nothing to do with Ethan and I be really close friends. The 9 is a great knife. Period.

sure he'll have a good knife if he buys a becker - no one denies that, but he's comparing the two and i think he may indeed regret not putting out a little more for the rowen blade and esee fit/finish (esp. handles & sheath) let alone the guarantee. that's just my opinion. period as well.

Überich;9415449 said:
sure he'll have a good knife if he buys a becker - no one denies that, but he's comparing the two and i think he may indeed regret not putting out a little more for the rowen blade and esee fit/finish (esp. handles & sheath) let alone the guarantee. that's just my opinion. period as well.

Fit and finish only really matters to me when I am buying something as an investment, not a tool. I like my ESEE's and I got a few of them, I like my BKTs and I have a few of them as well. They all get taken out and used.

Everyone's opinions vary in what they like and want, and that, my friends is what makes the world spin.

To each their own, I like both.

Moose

oh man, maybe i'm not able to voice my opinion very well in your language - i don't want to step on anyones toes you know...
with fit and finish i mean how well the knife feels in my hand - maybe after an extended period of use and how well the sheath handles.
becker and esee both make better than average knifes in my opinion - i handled quite a few worse than average knifes myself. that's why i'm going through the hassle of importing knifes into good old europe. (i know... fällkniven makes nice knifes as well - i just hate the handles on them)
so yeah: "to each their own" - i'm totally into that my friend!

Überich;9415533 said:
oh man, maybe i'm not able to voice my opinion very well in your language - i don't want to step on anyones toes you know...
with fit and finish i mean how well the knife feels in my hand - maybe after an extended period of use and how well the sheath handles.
becker and esee both make better than average knifes in my opinion - i handled quite a few worse than average knifes myself. that's why i'm going through the hassle of importing knifes into good old europe. (i know... fällkniven makes nice knifes as well - i just hate the handles on them)
so yeah: "to each their own" - i'm totally into that my friend!

I don't think you stepped on anyone's toes, glad to have you here. Good knives all.

Moose

Thanks for the advice Gismo.

But I also found the price there to be to high. I know European prices are more expensive, but that's just to much.

Outdoormesser.de has it for 189 euro, but not in stock.

They do have a Becker BK9 for 99,95 euro (still 139 dollar) in stock. So the last few days I'm leaning towards buying a BK9.

But everytime I'm right about to purchase a BK9 a little voice in my had tells me I might regret to not buy a Junglas.

Funny, last year i looked myself at the outdoormesser side. Thinking of buying a Junglas or a BK9. At this time they where both in Stock.

Then i could bought that used Junglas.

Yes Outdoormesser is the best Side for ESEE in Europe.
Its a shame that they got so many items out of Stock.

I like my BKTs and I have a few of them as well.

Moose

A few? :D

BKT is the best value out there for hard use knives, in my opinion, especially the BK2.

Before I bought my first ESEE, I had never spent $100 on a knife and there are many out there that really have to skimp on other things to have that $100 to spend on a knife. That's where I really appreciate the Becker line. There are a few things that could be improved on, but they would also raise the price. Where they are now, they give the user the ability to upgrade components (scales, sheath, etc) over time if they choose and as they want to.

I'd like to get my hands on a few Beckers to try, mainly the BK2.

I really dig my Bk-2; it's a tank.

On a separate note; tracking on the Junglas says it should be delivered today.
Looks like it's going to be a good St. Patrick's Day. Sláinte! :thumbup:

The mail lady brought me a nice St. Patties Day gift.

f3d90438.jpg

:)

I would shut my face if I could quit smilin' :D

Hey, there's always the shelter contest, my dads really pushing me to win now so he can have one for the farm too :)

I would shut my face if I could quit smilin' :D

Hey, there's always the shelter contest, my dads really pushing me to win now so he can have one for the farm too :)

If it doesn’t pick up I’m going to get in on it and go for back to back cham-peen titles. :D

Überich;9415533 said:

I understand what you are saying. That's just what me makes to want to buy the junglas.

I have no doubt that the BK-9 is decent knife, otherwise I wouldn't consider buying it anyway of course.

But the overal finish of the junglas just seems better, and the micarta handles are certainly a big plus.

Besides I value a good sheath. Escpecially for large knives I'm quite demanding when it comes to the sheath. In that case the Junglas wins hands down.

Well, I have no hurry to make a decision

Funny, last year i looked myself at the outdoormesser side. Thinking of buying a Junglas or a BK9. At this time they where both in Stock.

Then i could bought that used Junglas.

Yes Outdoormesser is the best Side for ESEE in Europe.
Its a shame that they got so many items out of Stock.
www.2sharp.nl has got good prices for ESEE knives as well.

I ordered a couple of Junglas there.And bought several other ESEE knives at that shop.
Now I'm just waiting when they arrive...

www.2sharp.nl has got good prices for ESEE knives as well.

I ordered a couple of Junglas there.And bought several other ESEE knives at that shop.
Now I'm just waiting when they arrive...

I bougth some Fallknivens and other knives in the past there.

But they also don't have it stock. So I'm affraid that I have to wait "forever" when I order it there.

When did you order it, and when do you expect it to arrive?

Their website says 15-20 days, but since it seems the Junglas is sold out pretty much everywhere I doubt they can realise the claim of delivering it within 15-20 days.

Back