Applegate Folder signed by Rex himself

At the 1996 Atlanta Blade Show I personally met Rex Applegate at the Gerber Booth. Rex was kind enough to personally sign the back side of the blade, and the box, of my A/Gate folder I had just purchased. This was one of the first knives released in the series. Never used, never sharpened, still has Rex's finger prints on the blade!
Is there any value to this knife?

Nope! none whatsoever. You wanna sell it?

Just Kidding

Ken with to much time on his hands!

Thanks Ken,
But what I was looking for was more of an appraiser's opinion. (You don't have to be a real appraiser either) I'm not really looking to sell the thing. I am just wondering if I am the only one who places significant value on such a piece? Meeting someone of Col. Applegate's stature was a privilege and I enjoyed the conversation that he and I had at that show.

Scott,
I go to the OKCA, (Oregon Knife Collectors Association), show every year, and the good Colonel was there at last year's show. He was signing everybody's Applegate folders. He was a nice gentleman as you know. I know he has signed literally hundreds of the folders. But since you have one of the first of the series, and unfortunately the good colonel has passed away, these two facts would definitely make your piece a collector's item. I would put a price right now at double retail, and going nowhere but up. It would be something I would tuck away for a rainy day.

Scott, I don't mean to change the subject, but I want you to make up one of those Spyderco Moran sheaths for me. Do I need to send you the knife? Thanks and I hope the info helped...Gene.

Back