Are knife guys nicer than gun guys or is it just this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychopaths usually don't murder. Many of them get into sales... others go into law or politics. They tend to excel in their careers, but have no ethics, compassion, or desire to make things better.

I cannot go into detail here, but there is an established pattern of wealthy respectable people creating non profit charities to house troubled demographics simply to have unfettered access to a victim pool no-one will ever believe. I'm familiar with over a dozen such cases within the past 20 years. Usually they don't get caught, those were just the ones who made the news.
Yup/agreed! Sorry for veering off topic.

"Troubled demographics" = children

I still like the comparison of the brewing & knife communities.... Very Very similar

-I'll also add that both groups have a hint of anti-establishment traits. Fringe groups. Mix of art, science, politics, self reliance. can do spirit. History.Working with hands. Cooking. Food preservation. Barbecue.
Protecting what one Has. Protecting what's Right. Community.

-Beer and knives are from the earliest days of Man.

Last edited:
-I'll also add that both groups have a hint of anti-establishment traits. Fringe groups. Mix of art, science, politics, self reliance. can do spirit. History.Working with hands. Cooking. Food preservation. Barbecue.
Protecting what one Has. Protecting what's Right. Community.

I like that :thumbsup:

Psychopaths usually don't murder. Many of them get into sales... others go into law or politics. They tend to excel in their careers, but have no ethics, compassion, or desire to make things better.

I cannot go into detail here, but there is an established pattern of wealthy respectable people creating non profit charities to house troubled demographics simply to have unfettered access to a victim pool no-one will ever believe. I'm familiar with over a dozen such cases within the past 20 years. Usually they don't get caught, those were just the ones who made the news.
Psycopaths make up approximately 20-25% of prison population and when they do murder, it is generally planned and frequently sadistic (not impulsive like sociopath).

I have met a number of both, and when you look at the DSM-5 criteria it is scary when you consider how many folks meet quite a few of the traits.

Psycopaths make up approximately 20-25% of prison population and when they do murder, it is generally planned and frequently sadistic (not impulsive like sociopath).

I have met a number of both, and when you look at the DSM-5 criteria it is scary when you consider how many folks meet quite a few of the traits.
Sure, but prison demographics differ greatly from society demographics.

The average psychopath never murders anyone... and the ones who do generally don't get caught.

Case in point: serial killers. Generally the ones who get caught are careless drunkards or schizophrenic. It's estimated that 90% are never caught or even positively identified.

Sure, but prison demographics differ greatly from society demographics.

The average psychopath never murders anyone... and the ones who do generally don't get caught.

Case in point: serial killers. Generally the ones who get caught are careless drunkards or schizophrenic. It's estimated that 90% are never caught or even positively identified.
I was not trying to dispute your comments at all, and I hope it did not come across that way. I was just posting some info that some may not know. It is interesting to me how different disorders have overlapping traits. To have conversations with people with absolutely no conscience at all is pretty amazing, yet psycopaths can blend in to society very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back