Are there standardized razor sizes? If so, what are they?

Hashishiin

Gold Member
Hey, this is probably a silly question but, I have a small Craftsman razor backlock OHO knife, and it uses an extremely small razor. I have another, "Coast" brand large ergonomic boxcutter that accepts only larger, or... "normal" razors, when I say normal, I mean the razor they show on a "NO WEAPONS" poster, the ubiquitous one. Sorry if this is again some inaccuracy.

Also, is there a difference between a razor you buy from Home Depot, some KUT-TUFF brand (made up brand, just how it sounds) vs the shaving razors in a beauty aisle? I was wondering this the other day, almost bought a pack, but stopped at the last minute as I wanted to be sure all was right before spending 10 dollars.

20221018_112910.jpg

I want to see how the razor blade stacks to my Christy Cutter - I am betting on the CC but I really like the new Craftsman, so, we will see.

There are many types/shapes of razor blades available, for a sampling, check out McMaster-Carr.

Most common are the "utility", single edge and breakaway styles. Double-edge razors for shaving in a safety razor are usually not rigid enough for cutting anything besides hair, this is why a common single edge razor has metal folded over the top of the blade and thicker plate stock.

Back