• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

He purchased a Spyderco Nirvana nearly 2 months ago from me and I just received a paypal dispute today. Seems like he said it was an in unauthorized transaction with his bank. However, I looked at his profile and noticed a few users ( Bailey Knives Bailey Knives and @DNAIrradiator ) had the same problems I had with him just now. So it looks like he's going around disputing all his purchases. He uses the following email addresses: heathhelton.3766@yahoo.com and jajhelton@hotmail.com. Please be aware of sending out any knives to this fella.

Balls_tothe_Walls Balls_tothe_Walls

Last edited:
I literally got the same exact email today. I also sold him a knife on Nov.2nd or 3rd and just got a dispute.

What do we do? Paypal says its waiting for my response but i have never had this happen before.

I'm no expert at paypal, send them the shipping info like Mountain Elite NW suggested.

Also if possible link them to this thread so they can see he is pulling the same move on everyone.

Jeeze I can't believe this dude scams people here, ~100 posts and not a single one in a discussion thread, JUST sales / trading areas...

When you're replying to paypal INCLUDE A LINK TO THIS THREAD!

Hopefully I don’t get an email from PayPal. I just sold him a Manix 2 a few weeks ago.
You will most likely get one. I'd guess he's been spending money he doesn't have. I would think multiple transaction disputes all at once would raise suspicion, even at PayPal.

I'm not scamming a damn thing. My bank took it upon themselves to review literally every single transaction from July to October. Here's a rundown in giving all involved.

To Any and All Involved:

I'm trying to clear with all. No idea why every single transaction is being accounted for. I did have someone scam my card through PayPal though. Back when most of this shit started mooonths ago. Idk how it's still popping up, as that card was cancelled months ago as well.
Quick rundown......someone got ahold of it and ran up $18K on my card and my bank was/is (I guess?) doing a full out research on it. On all these transactions that are accurate with you guys, I just go hit approve and it stops the bs. At least that's what I've done in the past. I'm on it as quickly as conceivably possible and I will have it all fixed as fast as I can cancel disputes and approve the actual wrongly purchased transactions by the imposing party that had hacked my account and charged me into a ridiculous amount of $20K+.

That's a shit ton of transactions but I'm working diligently on it. If this has effected you, I'm so sorry, I had no idea they would flag every single one of the transactions since early September that is connected to my PayPal/bank account/or card.

Just happened to me, too. He actually reached out to me to buy a small Inkosi I had purchased.

Sent PayPal a link to this and the tracking information.

Oh well.

His explanation makes sense. That's not the same thing as saying it's true. It would be good to see someone affected by this who has actually benefited from his having cleared up the issue chime in to say so.
I can get people over here to confirm I have fixed this issue in the past. One minute and I'll get ahold of them to come comment.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Seems legit.

I'm not scamming a damn thing. My bank took it upon themselves to review literally every single transaction from July to October. Here's a rundown in giving all involved.

To Any and All Involved:

I'm trying to clear with all. No idea why every single transaction is being accounted for. I did have someone scam my card through PayPal though. Back when most of this shit started mooonths ago. Idk how it's still popping up, as that card was cancelled months ago as well.
Quick rundown......someone got ahold of it and ran up $18K on my card and my bank was/is (I guess?) doing a full out research on it. On all these transactions that are accurate with you guys, I just go hit approve and it stops the bs. At least that's what I've done in the past. I'm on it as quickly as conceivably possible and I will have it all fixed as fast as I can cancel disputes and approve the actual wrongly purchased transactions by the imposing party that had hacked my account and charged me into a ridiculous amount of $20K+.

That's a shit ton of transactions but I'm working diligently on it. If this has effected you, I'm so sorry, I had no idea they would flag every single one of the transactions since early September that is connected to my PayPal/bank account/or card.

I had my credit card hacked/cloned once and used for PayPal transactions. I had to review all the charges and tell them which ones were fraud. Only the ones I identified as fraud were disputed, period.

Balls_tothe_Walls are you saying all the knife purchases here were legit and purchased by you? If the transactions on this forum were legit, I hope you clarify that fact ASAP.

Hey guys, balls is responding and dealing with the situation, as he already did for me. As mentioned above in the thread, these things happen, so just reach out to him so he can have it taken care of in a timely manner.

It's definitely not ok to just start calling someone a scammer without even attempting to reach out

His explanation makes sense. That's not the same thing as saying it's true. It would be good to see someone affected by this who has actually benefited from his having cleared up the issue chime in to say so.

Hello,

I have had this issue with him in the past approximately three months ago, we did manage to get the issue resolved. This account here is new but you can also look up my account on Reddit and see that I'm an active person within the knife community there. Just as a heads up don't expect an overnight fix it does take a little bit of time. I'm also one of the many people affected right now, and I have full confidence in Balls that this will be sorted in quickest way possible. Please give him some time, and try to imagine the amount of stress this would cause any of you, and try to imagine how his inbox is currently feeling. I'd imagine it has been flooded with tons of messages asking what the hell is going on and hate mail. So give the guy some time to sort things out. This isn't a one click fix, but completely fixable.

Youssef

Back