Benchmade Immunity Question

20yard

Gold Member
Recently picked up a Full Immunity, mostly for the 2.5" blade as this is a restriction I sometimes have to follow. Other than the scales being a bit slippery, I really like it for what it is. However, I noticed that the axis lock studs are quite sharp when engaging them with thumb and finger to release. Each of the concentric circles almost feel like they have sharp burrs on them, like they either weren't properly finished or the tooling was dull. I compared it to the several other BM axis lock studs on knives I own and all of those are smoothly finished but still adequately grippy, but those knives are all several years older.

So my question is, is this a new thing BM is doing, making those axis lock studs much sharper? Is it perhaps just a thing for the Immunity line since it may be beneficial to give more grip when deploying the Auto versions? Or is mine a QC issue and worthy of warranty work?

Figured I'd ask here before sending it back and BM telling me that's how it's supposed to be now. Not a huge problem, but it is a bit annoying. Thanks.

The axis lock studs on my Full Immunity are sharp also. I’m not sure if it’s intended or not but I’m hoping they wear down with use.

Mac

Back