Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Knives are not really a top priority right now for us … still super excited that @navman finished my knife, that one was on my bucket list :)

His photo; 4V and Walnut:

i-vN9GrHM-X3.jpg
Everything about that knife just looks awesome! Really beautiful.

I just used suretouch for the first time, weird stuff. What is this fiber reinforced rubber you used?
Wasn't my idea, but it's very tough stuff and overall the handle seems to dampen vibration. It's a McMaster-Carr product 1/4" thick rubber with layers of fabric every 1/16".
I'll send you a piece if you want to mess with it.

Wasn't my idea, but it's very tough stuff and overall the handle seems to dampen vibration. It's a McMaster-Carr product 1/4" thick rubber with layers of fabric every 1/16".
I'll send you a piece if you want to mess with it.
thanks! I'd love to check it out. It might be cool to do a stacked leather handle which incorporates this rubber stuff. I keep all my veg tan leather scraps with the idea that I'll make some knife handles from it one day. But the truth is, I'm a hoarder.

thanks! I'd love to check it out. It might be cool to do a stacked leather handle which incorporates this rubber stuff. I keep all my veg tan leather scraps with the idea that I'll make some knife handles from it one day. But the truth is, I'm a hoarder.
Well then you can add some to your hoard. Only issue is it doesn't really grind. I had to cut the tang hole with a chisel.

Back