Off Topic Big Mundial forged scissors for a friend of my Girlfriend

Mundial_12_inch_Tailors_Shears_with_Serrated_Blade.jpg

Just got these for Cathie because she does loads of sewing for the homeless.
They`re a surprise - hope she likes `em.

They are not quite as good as the Whiteley 1920NP-12 side-bent shears but they are out of stock everywhere and I`m sure she would appreciate some new ones.

Rather than get some inexpensive but good twelve inch carbon-bladed ones from China I pushed the boat out a bit.
The specs don`t look too bad to me.

Mundial Nickel Plated Serrated Edge Forged Tailor Shears 12" 30cm

To quote -

"Fully forged, black enameled handles, serrated lower blade & Nickel plated. The most durable Nut & Bolt pivot system along with high-performance steel make the 490 the leading model of heavy-duty tailors shears.
If you need something that can stand up to years of hard work and repeated sharpening, or you simply want the best, then our Classic Forged and Heavy Duty Industrial Forged Scissors and Shears should be your first choice.
Fine carbon steel is hot drop forged - literally hammered into shape - then tempered, plated, ground, honed, polished, adjusted, tested, and inspected by cutlery artisans to meet our exacting quality standards. The result is textile scissors and shears of unmatched strength and durability - the kind that cut more precisely, stay sharp longer, and deliver a lifetime of cutting pleasure.
12 Inch - 30cm"

They are 22 -1/4 ounces and made in Brazil - model - 490NPSR 12" NICKEL PLATED KE SHEAR

Last edited:
MUNDIAL-12-INCH-TAILORS-SCISSORS.jpg

These scissors arrived yesterday and they look terrific.
They are meant for commercial / light industrial use in a commercial tailors or machine shop so they should outlast Cathie ! She will definitely love them.

Back