Black Adder

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi there, and thanks for tuning in...

Fresh off the bench is Black Adder! Featuring a cryogenic quenched, (for maximum radness) hollow ground, 4" long, .15" thick A2 blade and a framed tang construction, this nasty little fellow is ready for business. The secondary bevel plane is convex to ensure smooth, effortless cutting.

The tang frame is made from double black, (of course) canvas micarta, laminated to thin, orange G10 pieces, and held in place to the black burlap micarta slabs with 4, 2mm stainless steel pins. The tang is held to the handle via 3 pins made from G10. Overall length is 8 1/2", and the weight of this knife is a scant 4.75oz.

On the sheath front, we have some 9ish oz veg tan leather, hand stitched, wet molded, dyed and hot packed. A waxed cotton static lanyard with adjustable loop allows for iwb carry. Nothing to say you can't stick it in your pocket, too.

Em8vkjc.jpg

xR2KcMS.jpg

x1ya7cc.jpg

b5QvgyA.jpg

IehqcSJ.jpg

iOhDh5U.jpg

3PpO6nH.jpg

Thanks for checking out my work! If you'd like to be kept in the loop when new knives are available, dm me here with your email address and I'll add you to my mailing list.

Venomous ! 🔥🔥
no tred on snek
You've got to be proud of this one! I'm actually a little annoyed at how crisp that bevel transition is.
🤣 pretty happy with it for sure. Finally getting the hang of hollow grinding, it's a bit more challenging but can add some versatility
I‘m in love, Lorien Lorien - and the sheath came out great !!! 🥰

Meant to ask before: the black A2 color is from blue‘ing ?
hopefully you'll have it in your hand before xmas!
the black is from etching in ferric chloride, then many thin layers of axe wax. It'll wear off with use, but it does help keep corrosion under control, not to mention the tactical advantage!

hopefully you'll have it in your hand before xmas!
the black is from etching in ferric chloride, then many thin layers of axe wax. It'll wear off with use, but it does help keep corrosion under control, not to mention the tactical advantage!

Perfect. I like A2 a lot, btw. A „Comfortable“ steel for me, have it in quite a few knives.

Back