Buck 110 gaps between blade and frame

Hello...
I'm completely new to the whole knife world. My father collects pocket knife so recently I decided to make him a gift and bought him the Buck 110. He was amazed by it. I'm from Europe and usually, in my country at least, almost everyone is carrying small knives like the Swiss Army knives but nothing like the Buck 110.
I liked it so much that I was looking for a deal. I found one a week ago, my favorite website was selling a Buck 100 with a flaw but with 20€ off. The flaw described was that it the blade was wobbly when closed. I looked at my fathers and it was a little bit wobbly, too, so I ordered it.

Today it came and I opened it and inspected it thoroughly as I do with everything I buy nowadays and it is nice. It has a bit more wobble than my father's knife but nothing I couldn't live with.
Then I tried to find out why it wobbles and saw gaps holding it against the light.
When it is open, it is locked as strong as it can be but when I close it, it wobbles and clicketyclacks because there are gaps between the back of the knife and the frame.
So, I could send it back but I don't want to wait another 2 weeks.
Is there something I could do myself, like with a rubber hammer gently pushing the front parts together? Is this even uncommon? Would you send it back?
I mean, it's a tool and I won't get it that cheap again for a while...
My biggest concern is, that it will get worse over time... I know there is live warranty by Buck but I guess the shipment to the USA and back will cost almost as much as a new knife...

I made some pics, the light reflects a bit so the gaps are not as big as they are in the picture.

Welcome to the Buck Knives Forum.

If the wobble that you talk about is with the blade closed, it is not something to worry about. The gaps are uncommonly large and you will have to decide if you can live with it. I'm thinking that is why you got the good deal. Hope you stick around here, acquire more knives, and join in the forum, there are many Buck fans here.

I own more than my share of 110's and have never seen the gap that bad, personally the craftmanship of that one looks a little sketchy, question one is it a real 110 and if it is I would send it in and get it tightened
up. I have seen wobble and blade loosening but I would not be happy with that just my 2 cents.

Thank you all for your answers... I couldn't decide what to do so I went to a local knife dealer and he told me to send it back. He said that it would be fine for some time but it will start to wobble when locked with time because there is nothing holding it in its place firmly.
But hey, I discovered this nice community and I will stay. I'm 40 years now and my whole life I have fiddled around with swiss army knives for everything. But I'm starting to understand that there are beautiful knives for different tasks. :D
Time to start collecting, I guess.

I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s not wobbly now, it won’t loosen up. you can see light through all of mine.

I have, and have had, more 110’s than I care to admit and none of them were anything close to that. it looks like the lock may actually be bent? I would not have been pleased. Sending it back was entirely justified IMO.

Welcome to BF!

Post some pictures of the blade and stamping on the blade, make sure it’s a real Buck before you send it in to find out it isn’t.

I have, and have had, more 110’s than I care to admit and none of them were anything close to that. it looks like the lock may actually be bent? I would not have been pleased. Sending it back was entirely justified IMO.

Welcome to BF!
Thank you! Yes, something was wrong with it.
On the pictures it is more visible than in real.
I also compared it to my fathers knife and it felt strange, even when I tried to lock it.

Post some pictures of the blade and stamping on the blade, make sure it’s a real Buck before you send it in to find out it isn’t.
Oh it was a real Buck, I ordered it from a renowned knife store in my country. I have sent it back to the shop, I was within the 14 days return policy. I was somehow not amused because they advertised it as good and just some play when closed.

Back