Buck 119 in full Magnacut

So at Buck knives, Magnicut blades are a sort of one-off limited run special . . .whatever.

So what? When they do it as a regular production thing . . .then I'll be interested>

Does “full Magnacut” mean there were partial Magnacut knives made?

I guess I’m slow, but I don’t see why Magnacut is so trendy. It’s tough and corrosion resistant, but only good in edge retention.
I agree. I think it's probably great for fixed blades that need toughness in a corrosive environment.

I believe the big deal is the combination of toughness, corrosion resistance is not really seen in any other steel. High edge retention usually means a sacrifice in the other categories.

I honestly don't think it's worth the extra money in a folder over say M390 or even S30V/S35VN.

I like the looks of the Kershaw Launch 15, but I'm an automatic stilettoish design, Magnacut doesn't make sense to me. Same with the livewire.

While it's new and unique, I think it overblown I'm the folder market, especially charging a premium for it.

It might be good in a knife like the Yojimbo 2 with it's deep hollow grind and thin behind the edge. This has made the S30V very chippy.

It might be good in a knife like the Yojimbo 2 with it's deep hollow grind and thin behind the edge. This has made the S30V very chippy.

That’s exactly why I like it in 110 and 119: they are hollow ground. 420HC is very tough of course, but now, with MC, we got additional edge retention without risk of chips, and still very easy to touch up.

I have one, too. Was $249 with Micarta handles. Just sharing here so you can avoid flippers on ebay.

i-Z95X8HM-X3.jpg

And today, I'm carrying one in 3V. Not sure which one I prefer :)

i-Ttj7dfS-X3.jpg
who made this sheath for you?

I purchased the Buck Ltd. Edition Model 119 Drop Point Knife and was startled by this blade’s feel and overall appearance. I have a Buck Frontiersman with burgundy micarta handle I bought in 1975 and I’m going to send it back to Buck for a new blade contour and sharpening. I’d post photos but I am a new member and don’t quite know how to do it yet. When I do I’ll share some photos. I have a couple of Linder Kentucky Bowie Knives that are just gorgeous looking fixed blades with stag handles. The artistry involved with knife making never ceases to amaze and allure me.

Back