Camp Knife Build

That's awesome John! :cool: :thumbsup: That handle is looking stellar! (See what I did there? ;))

You haven't been flaring your previous tube fasteners, have you (like on the pocket blades)?

That's awesome John! :cool: :thumbsup: That handle is looking stellar! (See what I did there? ;))

You haven't been flaring your previous tube fasteners, have you (like on the pocket blades)?
I don't flare the tubing on the pocket blades, the Nickel Silver is so thick I gouge the walls and let the epoxy bridge.

I don't flare the tubing on the pocket blades, the Nickel Silver is so thick I gouge the walls and let the epoxy bridge.

Thanks for the time it took to answer my stupid question! :thumbsup:

Thank you for that picture! :cool: :D Brightening my mood a bit just now, I'm more than a little annoyed after finding out that I might not get to hunt as much as I had planned this season (details in Muskets, Motors, Makers, and Mutts...).

Last edited:
These make for nice little flaring dies.
View attachment 1404085
Hey now, that's clever! I have a few field points just lying around!
Nice point of interest, John!

I have flaired out tubing in the past by doing a figuring 8 with the belt on my drill press, then using a large bit running backwards to open it up.

I will put your method in my to-do book !

Yep, last of the pins next, spine etches and then onto sheaths.

That's what I'd imagine carbon pins looking like on that one Sheldon, and I likes it! :D

How'd those handles finish out, John? Any new teaser pics to share? o_O

Both handles are finished, I've got these 2 and 3 cowbells ready for sheaths. Any requests? I'm going to try to get the butt of the handle at or below the belt line.

Back