"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

afishhunter afishhunter
MN5QEUW.jpg

Happy Birthday, afishhunter afishhunter ! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
To celebrate your big day, I had a couple of beers and a couple of pieces of barbecued chicken calzone and a huge chocolate chip cookie.
(I initially had that feast as I watched Purdue beat NC St. in men's basketball to make it to the championship game Monday night, but now that I know it's your birthday, the food and drink can serve double-duty as birthday fare, too. 🤓)

- GT

Happy Birthday afishhunter afishhunter

I told the mother-in-law, when she had her last, "Happy Birthday, what are you a 100?; You don't look a day over 80!" She was 57 LOL. We all got a kick out of it.

Today's pre-wack poo-patrol was a qualified success. I didn't find any prizes with the weed wacker, but I did find a couple when raking up afterwards. The pile of green was large enough and dense enough that I used a pitch fork to transfer to the greens bin. (Don't ask me why I have a pitch fork. For the life of me I don't remember ever buying one, but there is one in the tool shed and occasionally it comes in handy. I think I might have inherited it when moving into one of the two houses we've owned.) Nothing for my Buck 301 to address. And that's today's report.

We're in the total eclipse path so I've cobbled up a way to snap some images. The little Panasonic Lumix camera has a 60x zoom and I've taken some shots of the sun to test it out. I hope I can get some decent images. I had a dozen pairs of eclipse glasses so sacrificing one pair was not a big deal.
Our oldest son has the afternoon off and my wife has promised him a reverse eclipse cheeseburger dinner. That's a burger patty with a round slice of provolone cheese on the top!
OukSZoY.jpg

EmYZUQa.jpg

Last edited:
02.38 hrs last night with heavy cloud cover.....I gave it a miss. Thanks for the cool pics though. We did however experience The Black Nor Easter a few days ago....boy did that take me back...ti my buccaneering days...I literally started hopping about on one leg and saying things like " Aaaaarrr she be a bad'un...A point o rum Lassie! " and " Scrollick the mizzen thrakes...the black nor easter she be a comin in fat with a hold full o treasures...pitchforks n torchies we be a needin fer the next Porchenberg annual knoife debacle....."
I just couldn't help myself.
apparently the angles was off for Idaho.
Bright n sunny all day.
Not even a cloud caused like dimming. 🙄

Back