Off Topic Coming this April: Total Eclipse of the Snark!

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
...which means we have to finish this one before the next eclipse, Y'all.
Git 'er done!

Here's an off-topic pic of some Overdrive/Distortion electric guitar pedals I built last week. Pic on my usual background for authentication purposes:

IMG_20240312_100103_HDR_2-small.jpg

Trying my hand at smoked queso tonight. I made some a couple years ago that wasn't as good as I had hoped. Decided I should give it another try. It's getting Velveeta, pepper jack, cream cheese, Rotel, Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, and some seasoning.

ac700wildcat ac700wildcat

how did it come out?
did you smoke the sausage before crumbling it and adding it to the cheese, or mix everything then melt it in the smoker?

Trying my hand at smoked queso tonight. I made some a couple years ago that wasn't as good as I had hoped. Decided I should give it another try. It's getting Velveeta, pepper jack, cream cheese, Rotel, Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, and some seasoning.

ac700wildcat ac700wildcat

how did it come out?
did you smoke the sausage before crumbling it and adding it to the cheese, or mix everything then melt it in the smoker?
It turned out pretty well! Now that you mention it, I should have smoked the sausage first. I just browned it in the skillet, but will definitely smoke it next time. I did smoke the block of cream cheese with some seasoning on it for a couple hours beforehand. The Velveeta and pepper jack got cubed, and put in a disposable cake pan with everything else and after about 45 minutes I was able to mix everything together. I left it on the smoker for probably 2.5 hours and stirred every 20 minutes or so.

We started closing at 500 posts some time ago, since it's not as active as it used to be.

53607785417_272c7a7030.jpg

What could that be? A black snake on a hay bale? Maybe something else?

hmmmm... 🤔

Back