Cord Wrapped Stellite 6K

Ban

This one is full flat ground .125 thick Stellite 6K. High polished zero convex edge. Interesting stuff to work with. I was able to get the edge to easily split hairs. This cobalt alloy is suppose to hold a decent edge for a long time and is nearly corrosion proof.

8705554702_63176fef5d_b.jpg

8705554488_fc2ca1dfc4_b.jpg

Huh, interesting. I don't know anything about this, gonna have to look this stuff up.

Satellite 6K is pretty interesting. I think it lacks Iron and that is why it doesn't rust. I also think it is sold already HT'ed. Something with the carbides makes it possible to maintain an edge. Very expensive stuff.

According to Stellite's 6K Data Sheet. It has about 1.5 Carbon, 31 Chromium, 1.5 Iron, 1.21 Manganese, .43 Moly, 1.09 Nickel, 1.07 Silicon, 4.36 Tungsten. With the remainder being Cobalt. It is pretty darn expensive and eats a good amount of abrasives.

Where in the heck did you find it? Once in a blue moon it's on AKS website. Other than that I've never really seen it anywhere.

Where in the heck did you find it? Once in a blue moon it's on AKS website. Other than that I've never really seen it anywhere.

I was able to find a few pieces on a auction site. That stuff is pretty hard to come by unless you buy in larger quantities direct from Deloro Stellite. I thought I saw some Talonite on AKS's website recently. Can't seem to find it now. Talonite is similar in composition to Stellite 6B. I think Stellite 6K is suppose to be a bit better. In anycase, Talonite and Stellite are both very pricey when you do find them.

Back