Photos Curly Koa Nakiri

Hello! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here but I would like to share my latest creation with you guys. My girlfriend has been begging me to make her a Nakiri for months so I finally got my lazy butt over to the grinder and made her one. The blade is made from 3/32” CPM154 complete with a distally tapered blade (hand rubbed to 800 grit)and a tapered tang.The spine and choil are all rounded and polished for improved comfort and aesthetics. Handle is a piece of gorgeous stabilized Curly Hawaiian Koa that was generously donated by my buddy Matt Gregory. Speaking of Matt; he also performed the heat treatment for me AND took these photos so special thanks to Matt - I really appreciate it man! This was my first time making a Nakiri and I certainly had a lot of fun doing so. I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to making many more kitchen knives in the future!
7wBUN30.jpg

xJ0jrK2.jpg

tTO5uVz.jpg

Last edited:
This is fabulous. I’m glad it’s not for sale. Haha!

really nice job.

Last edited:
Beautiful work. That is a nice piece of timber.

Matt must have stopped making knives if he didn't need that piece. 😁

Beautiful and looks mighty useful too. What are the specs on that bad boy?

Beautiful and looks mighty useful too. What are the specs on that bad boy?
Hi and thank you! The blade is 6.5” long, 2” tall and the handle is 5” long. The spine is .105” right in front of the plunge line, .0760” spine halfway down the length of the blade, and .0615” spine at the end. The blade was hardened to @62. Have a great day!

Back