Photos Dozier Folding knife

Hello Knife Enthusists-

Wondering if anyone has any inpit about these knives. I picked up in a collection I aquired. Its a Bob Dozier Small Trapper I believe, 2000 is etched above the arrow on his logo. Im curious when these models were produced from as the only similar ones ive seen online are about 10-15yrs newer and look to have a few differences, like the placement of the logo ( mine is near rhe bottom of blade near piviot other newer ones are on spine of blade), pocket clip, scale refinement. Its a great little knife, lockup is tight and blade is a razor. Any information anyone has on these little folders from around 2000 would be appreciated. Not sure how to post photos on this thread but id i figure it out i will.

Great knife. He is still making folders. However he is 80 this year so he will not be making them forever. His heat treat on the D2 sets the standard. His markings have changed a little over the years but the quality is always there.

Bob makes fantastic knives. 80 years old already??

Another one of my favorite makers, John W Smith turns 85 this year. And PJ Tomes, who is still making knives, is well into his 80s.

Boy do I feel old…where does the time go??

PJ Tomes is still making knives ? Did he set up shop in Thailand ? He went there on vacation a number of years ago, supposedly sent directions to sell off the contents of the shop because he loved it decided to stay there. I bought one of the 'fire sale' folders, that's what the ad said. There was an extremely fine Tomes folder on auction last year, the seller was never able to ask PJ about the steel used via email/phone.

Mr Dozier was one of the first custom makers I talked to way back in the late 90's. I had one of this small Trappers, great little blade. Really like his small fixed blades, too

Last edited:
I have had several of his knives over the years- all very well made! We would all like to see some pictures:) Your best bet is to use a image hosting sight like Imgur and post the link in your thread.
Welcome to Bladeforums!

Back