Earthquake in NJ

JTR357

Gold Member
At 10:23 this morning we had a 4.8 quake. The epicenter was Lebanon, NJ. I'm in the center of NJ & it felt like God grabbed our roof & gently shook our house for 5-10 seconds. We just had a mild aftershock about a half hour ago. I was making dinner & heard the cabinets rattle. I've felt very mild quakes in the 50+ years I've lived in Jersey, but this one was the most noticeable. About 5 seconds before it happened my cats scattered. I ran to the front door because my first thought was a truck crashed into my house. I live on a busy industrial road. As soon as I seen all was well outside, I immediately knew it was an earthquake.

I heard rumbling for quite a bit around the time it was occurring, and it came and passed. At first I thought it was a truck or helicopter, but then decided it was an earthquake based on the time it took.

There is a fault line in Pennsylvania which the guides point out at Crystal Cave. The guide on my tour years ago said they were doing a tour during the last quake but didn't feel anything there.

We felt it pretty strongly here in North Jersey. I live about a 3/4 mile from the Ramapo Fault Line which is argued by some experts can cause a major quake. The aftershock hit at about 6pm.

It's kinda funny. I just watched a video yesterday of some crazy guy ranting about how the eclipse was going to trigger the New Madrid fault line. Then I see this when I make my rounds on the internet today. Maybe it's time to break out the tin foil hat.

We felt it pretty strongly here in North Jersey. I live about a 3/4 mile from the Ramapo Fault Line which is argued by some experts can cause a major quake. The aftershock hit at about 6pm.
Yup I was making dinner when I heard the cabinets rattle. I didn't feel much at all from the aftershock. They said it was a 3.8

Last edited:
I was doing the air conditioning maintenance on the roof of the UFC gym in N Brunswick.
It hit when I was halfway up the ladder.
Interesting feeling!!

Back