Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Cleanup up flea market finds......

QMsEKgB.jpg

CEOmG0g.jpg

r23Uslj.jpg

BZvrAxO.jpg

Excellent finds! Man that Imperial is sweet, let me know if you decide to sell.

A Bestechman Ronan in 14c28n steel. This is my first from this subset of Bestech and they did an outstanding job. This is a fairly inexpensive folder and they put the money where it matters most.
No fancy box, just a simple but functional box
No padded zippered pouch

They included spare screws as well as spare springs, things that you actually may need.

Action is excellent, fit and finish is on par with much higher priced folders, blade finish is very nice and ground down to a fairly thin edge.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

That looks nice 😃 But you're not quite right about being the first in that subset of Bestech. You had a Bestechman Dundee that I sent before Christmas last year, which had a handle that was too skinny for either of us (and the tip was too high for you). The lockup was not great if deployed by a slow roll open, so our watchmaker currently owns that one because he could grind down the lock bar a little bit with his tools.

Your pic below 🙃

axpDVxi.jpeg

Last edited:
Received a second Cold Steel AD10 today, a black/satin just to be different from the green/black one I already had and enjoy. I’m really growing to enjoy this model quite a bit.

I also have a 4Max Scout coming in tomorrow, which I’ve been wanting to try out for a while. I blame Z Zephyr One/Zero .

I really like cold steel but most of their clips are deal breakers for me. Really wish there was a good deep carry clip maker out there for them.

I really like cold steel but most of their clips are deal breakers for me. Really wish there was a good deep carry clip maker out there for them.
I agree that their clips are definitely yucky, and are often too tight for even normal pants pockets.

I absolutely hate the big fat looks of the one on the AD10, but it actually functions fine for me thanks to the smooth g10 scales, unlike the Recon1 and SR1 I have, which have that super rough texture to the scales that I had to sand under the clips to make them tolerable.

If you check on Etsy, there is at least one maker (Pops Custom Clips I, think it’s called) who does replacement Ti deep carry clips for CS/Demko knives. I haven’t tried them yet myself, but I am considering it.

I started a thread with a question in the reviews and testing section, just generally comparing the shape of my new Svord to a Buck 105, and pros and cons of each as to each’s ability to perform their tasks. Apples to oranges I know, but how do the shapes of these blades add or detract from functionality. Please respond or comment in that thread. Appreciated.

Back