First Look-Les George/Wilson Combat EAGLE framelock flipper!

Well, I got it in, and it is a very nice knife. Mine was a little off center, which I easily tuned out. But then it developed significant lock stick.

I tried the sharpie trick, the graphite lube, everything, over the last two days. It is really hurting my thumb, and I know the deal.

So today I called Les George, and he's going to take care of it. Nice guy, really stands behind his work. I'm shipping it back to him tomorrow.

It needs recarburized and then it will be fine. In the big scheme of things it's no biggie. I'll invest $6 in shipping and wait two weeks for a permanent fix rather than band-aid fixes like constant Sharpies and graphite that still don't correct the underlying issue, a little galling.

I will say it's awesome for IWB carry at work, I work in an office environment and it is so thin it's the knife I was looking for.

Now I have to just convince myself that I can sell off a bunch I don't carry but just admire, and make this my main EDC like I swore to myself I'd do when I spent this much for a knife in the first place! :nevreness: :hopelessness:

Scored an insane deal on an Eagle on eBay ($306 for a brand new one, crazy!), it's the crown on my WC collection. I'm absolutely obsessed with the starburst pattern, I can't get enough of it. It should go nicely with my Starbenza and Startac.

Does anyone know how much work Les actually does on them? Is it like the VECP where it is all machined?

Spoken to Les several times over the past couple of weeks. He's a nice guy and yes, he makes all of them in his shop.

Look forward to meeting him at Blade in Atlanta if he attends. This will be the first year I go and am looking forward to it!

Five-and-a-half years later, I still have my two Eagles, I still carry one almost every day, and they are two of my most treasured knives, absolutely.

If you are ever on the fence about an Eagle, go for it. They are a heckuva knife.

Fast forward 14 months. After numerous Sebenzas, Hinderers, Emersons, Spydercos and others, all high-end knives, which I still have, my two Eagles still fly high above all the others if I am really honest with myself.

It is amazing to me how such thin handles can be so comfortable, the build quality is awesome, and they are simply beautiful to look at.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Eagle owners, what say you?

Back