Folding Bushcraft Knife that is usable/comfortable - by Daniel Koster

Can a folding bushcraft knife compete with the fixed blade version?

• I'm intrigued

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm skeptical

• I'm against it

• Sign me up!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are right, though. I do need to do better at posting updates. I'll get back on it tomorrow.

Just so much going on. Crazy busy as usual.

I was really hoping Santa would bring me a knife for Christmas, or at the very least an update, but all I got was a lump of coal. I must have been really bad this year.

We all must have been bad. Today marks 5 months since I paid for a knife I was told would be shipping within two weeks on that day.

There is a reason for everything guys! I bet when we get these in hand, you will be saying "Man this was worth the wait". I almost let my spot go for other reasons and glad I didn't! They are coming, be patient!!!

The wait isn't the issue. I've told Dan that. It's the fact that he tells you it'll be ready and shipped in a certain time frame, then doesn't follow through. My only issue with this entire transaction is that Dan asked me to pay because the knife would be ready and shipped in two weeks. That was five months ago.

I've waited much longer for knives in the past but I've never been asked to pay for a knife until it was ready. I think it's bad business on his part. And based on the list, he's done it to almost everyone on the list. He's had our money for months and hasn't delivered on it.

I wouldn't be upset at all if I hadn't paid for a knife in full 5 months ago that I still haven't received.

Hmmm. Yes this seems to be more an issue each month... I really like Daniel's work. And he seems like a nice guy. I've had email communication with him several times in the past.

However this project seems to be building a pattern of him asking for money for a knife that is ready, then no knives delivered.

He told me a knife was ready and to pay. I slacked off/spaced it and decided I needed to wait for the knife to be shipped. No contact.

I'm looking to pick one up on the exchange one day down the road, but I won't pay first and then be left hanging.

Sorry Daniel. Hope this thread turns around... No matter what is going on in your life, you need to speak out and let people know the truth or at least let people know things are tough, or broke or, ???

Dropping the ball over and over again is adding up.

GL to all that are waiting and already paid.

SIGNING OFF!

Daniel is a Good, Good person. I'm sure he will post here and fix things for all that are a little upset. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Sorry guys. I've been out of town for a couple weeks. Got home late last night. I've got water damage and fried electronics from the big storm that happened last Saturday that I'm dealing with this morning - happy new year to me. Groan...

These folders are my first priority today once I'm back up and running.

I really appreciate your patience.

Hang in there Dan. I know that being a one man shop doesn't give you a lot of backup to deal with the things that happen in life.

Gentlemen, There are legal avenues that can be taken if any of you would like to. However, it may mean that no one will receive one of the knives from Dan. His business practices have been well documented and can not be denied. If forced, Dan can be made to refund all monies that have been paid with merchandise not delivered. I think though that this action might just put him out of business. I believe that Dan has dug himself a deep hole and may not be able to dig himself out of it. Good intentions aside it may now be time to take some form of legal action as a group.

NOEXCUSES, This thread is not the place for this. If you feel this needs to be done, then you can go ahead and Kickstart it somewhere else. I don't feel this is a necessary step in this process! Do you even have a spot on this list? If you do, you can sell it and go away and not ever come back here and never buy one of Dan's knives again. Don't come in here and try to start some Shit like this! What are you, a POS Lawyer trying to make a buck. 5 post, take a hike and get off this forum!!!!

Last edited:
NOEXCUSES, This thread is not the place for this. If you feel this needs to be done, then you can go ahead and Kickstart it somewhere else. I don't feel this is a necessary step in this process! Do you even have a spot on this list? If you do, you can sell it and go away and not ever come back here and never buy one of Dan's knives again. Don't come in here and try to start some Shit like this! What are you, a POS Lawyer trying to make a buck. 5 post, take a hike and get off this forum!!!!
You were just on here selling your spot a couple weeks ago and now you are attacking the other people who are frustrated with waiting. I'm married to a lawyer and only live a couple hours from Dan so taking this to court wouldn't be much trouble at all. I'm not to that point yet, but I'm close. I fully understand that shit happens, but taking thousands of dollars from people for something that was promised in weeks and then not even giving updates for months when it is delayed is completely unacceptable.

I was going to sell my spot for other reasons, not because of the wait! My reason for being upset about that post, is that I did not think he was even on this list and he jumped in over here? Is he on the list or not? If he is, then I will retract my post. Anyway, I'm just going to wait this out and see what Dan puts up for an update?

Take a deep breath folks. None of these comments are going to change your order status. :)
I've been following this project for quite a while, and I didn't have any expectation of a particular delivery deadline when I placed the order.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy when the hardware arrives, but I am just not going to get upset about how long it takes.
In the overall scheme of things a $400 knife just isn't that expensive.

Yes, Exactly!

Dan, can you put an update in here, no matter what it is? I guess we all need something? Thanks and have a Great week everyone!

Last edited:
First let me state:
Frankly, anyone who sends Dan money should know by now what he's setting himself up for. Most disgruntled customer's admit this vary fact in their complaints.

To NOEXCUSES: duplicate accounts are an infraction offense and at least one of your posts also contains an infraction offense. All your user names could be banned by these infractions alone so please stick to your primary legitimate subscription account only.

To everyone please don't reply to this post, this thread already has a lot of posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back