Good quality but inexpensive Chinese double edge safety razors

I`m pretty skint broke at the moment because I`m doing up my house and garden.
So...recently I got some cheapy Chinese wonders with some Japanese Feather blades and some Flydear - brand Swedish stainless steel blades which are excellent and I have just discovered some genuine uncoated carbon steel blades which are called - Torpedo - Lieres - brand - which are inexpensive but brilliant quality.I remember to put the razor on a towel on a radiator after use so the carbon razor blades don`t rust.I was looking for Feather - Seikan - carbon steel blades but they`re hard to source and expensive.They`re great for 1-2 shaves max - they`re a bit like Treet blacks.

I have been shaving since the late seventies and I have been drinking since the mid seventies ( I`m half Polish / half Russian ) and now I can shave after a few big vodkas with a cut-throat razor or a safety razor with no nicks, no rash no nothing; I just got used to the constant angle and very light pressure and a very steady hand - haha !
How did cowboys shave in the Wild West in the 1850`s after a few bottles of Bourbon or Scotch? - and they shot a gun drunk - they had to - to survive !
I can shoot a rifle at a 4 inch target from 200 yards plus and hit it 7 times out of ten as well - after 6 bottles of Shiraz! - I`m not proud of it - just used to it.
I am so so used to cooking and imbibing simultaneously I can use really sharp Japanese carbon knives and sharpen and hone them with no problems whatsoever.
CHINESE_CHEAPIE_RAZORS.jpg

I should have plasters and bandages in the house for emergencies but I have none at all.
I have friends cut themselves on my sharpies and if it`s a deep cut and sticking tape doesn`t stem the flow of blood I just sterilise a needle and thread and sew them up - saves a trip to casualty.Then I put myrrh and cypress essential oil on the wound to vasoconstrict and stop infection.I`m a medical herbalist.
Obviously the cheapie razors are not as good as branded ones but I don`t mind - I get totally smooth results - with not even the slightest remains of any stubble.
I make my own peppermint, menthol, teatree and eucalyptus with glycerine,olive oil and Castile soap which is wonderfully cooling and soothing plus I make my own aftershaves from scratch which is great for custom scents and homemade presents.
I see most of you have razors and accessories costing hundreds of dollars - I don`t think my face is worth it - haha !

Last edited:
Back