• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed out of 100 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The listing isn't the problem. Your prior posts or convos with email info is.

Seller posts a knife.
You say I'll take it.
Scammer finds email connected with your user name.
Scammer sends you email pretending to be the seller with a link to send funds.
You send them. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not get knife.

PMs are an important step in curbing this scam.

Please spend ten bucks and get a "Basic" membership so you can use PMs in future.

(No, the moderators do not have any financial interest in the site and work for free.)

The listing isn't the problem. Your prior posts or convos with email info is.

Seller posts a knife.
You say I'll take it.
Scammer finds email connected with your user name.
Scammer sends you email pretending to be the seller with a link to send funds.
You send them. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not get knife.
My question was more of is there a real seller of that item. And am I giving him bad feedback. And I guess the second question is why he would not have responded to my initial response of I’ll take it.

The only bad feedback on the account is from Brad, claiming to have been scammed. I think two decent people have been hurt in this exchange.

I think I’m gonna start locking my sale threads like I’ve see others do, so scammers don’t know who is buying my wares. Look at it as being proactive in protecting folks who buy from me.

My question was more of is there a real seller of that item. And am I giving him bad feedback. And I guess the second question is why he would not have responded to my initial response of I’ll take it.
You can't leave feedback because you didn't have a deal with him. A random person emailed you and you donated to him $100. That item/seller has nothing to do with it except that the scammer used it to trick you.

If you left feedback it needs to be removed. You did not buy anything from the seller.

You can't leave feedback because you didn't have a deal with him. A random person emailed you and you donated to him $100. That item/seller has nothing to do with it except that the scammer used it to trick you.
That’s what I’m asking. I already left negative feedback and have yet to hear anything from the person with the listing makes me wonder if it was fake is why I am asking.

That’s what I’m asking. I already left negative feedback and have yet to hear anything from the person with the listing makes me wonder if it was fake is why I am asking.
It most likely is a real listing. The seller didn't scam you. Remove the feedback. We can't be any more clear.

Your feedback on the seller has been removed by me for the reasons stated above.

(And your email address has been removed from several locations. You're welcome.)

Yeah, I got the whole scenario now. Still seem strange that though seller never responded to the ad would have cleared up a lot of issues. That’s why I am questioning if the ads are fake.

Yeah, I got the whole scenario now. Still seem strange that though seller never responded to the ad would have cleared up a lot of issues. That’s why I am questioning if the ads are fake.
And the email name matches the sellers email name that I received

And they responded sold on the ad. It seems like even if the ad is a scam we just marking off as a regular and in scammers keep scamming. But I learned my lesson thankfully it cost me $100.👌🏼

No in the ad I’m the only one that responded. Then in the end I put money sent then in the end he put sold that’s why it’s so crazy. He had to be the guy that had the add up.

Clearly, you don't get the whole scenario.

The seller may not have replied because they weren't interested in your offer.

Also, the seller would have known that they didn't send you payment info, and hadn't received any payment from you..

We don't know how often the seller checked on the thread after that until someone contacted them directly with an offer to buy. Once those funds were received, he marked the item sold.

Clearly, you don't get the whole scenario.

The seller may not have replied because they weren't interested in your offer.

Also, the seller would have known that they didn't send you payment info, and hadn't received any payment from you..

We don't know how often the seller checked on the thread after that until someone contacted them directly with an offer to buy. Once those funds were received, he marked the item sold.
Or the scammer is the one setting up the ads and scamming people out of money and getting zero negative feedback. I guess we don’t really know do we .👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back