• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Himalayan Blades ??

Anyone heard of Himalayan Blades from Nepal { khukuri manufacturers ) ?? cant seem to get a website up

I’ve got one on order with them. A MK4 to be exact. They look pretty good in pics and they have a YouTube channel too. I’m still waiting on the build but everything I’ve seen so far has me believing it was worth a try 😁

When I Google "Himalayan Blades", I came up with the Kukri House that then mentions Himalayan Blades.

Do some research on the top Khukuri makers. I don't believe they are one of them.

The best seems to be Kailash Blades, Tora and Himalayan Imports.

With the many other companies selling these you often get thick blades, little tapering, poor heat treating and lesser quality. There is a whole industry over there making cheap tourist blades.
You'll be much happier with a quality product. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

I have not heard of Himalayan blades (that’s not saying much) but I have purchased from Kailash Blades Kailash Blades and their communication through the process as well as the product made the whole purchase and well informed wait time worth it!

I've heard of them- they have a reasonable social media presence on a few different platforms. However I don't know if they have a website- potentially they're taking orders through facebook messenger and instagram directly? This is not unheard of, particularly for one man operations. I'll ask the guys today if they know any smiths or workers involved in the operation or if we can pass on any info.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Have had a chat with the team. They are pretty certain that this is the new startup of Nima "Neem" Tenji (formerly manager of gurkhasblade and CNC technician for KHHI). We don't know any smiths that he is working with currently.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

When I Google "Himalayan Blades", I came up with the Kukri House that then mentions Himalayan Blades.

Do some research on the top Khukuri makers. I don't believe they are one of them.

The best seems to be Kailash Blades, Tora and Himalayan Imports.

With the many other companies selling these you often get thick blades, little tapering, poor heat treating and lesser quality. There is a whole industry over there making cheap tourist blades.
You'll be much happier with a quality product. Maybe someone else knows more about this.
Yeh Grizzley3 , I know about the other kukuri manufacturers but it was just that I saw something on one of the forums about a company called Himalayan Blades and I was curious ? but couldnt get a website up

Back