Hinks Hawks

Gabe LeFevre

Gold Member
The knife maker Dee Hinck is a blacksmith who made a name for himself in the mountain man rendezvous and among private buyers as unquestionably a master Tomahawk fabricator. One of the best you never heard of because he only did personal orders so you had to already know of him to have him make one. I believe his works should be more wide spread and its actually kind of a travesty that the Tomahawk world doesn't get see his works. He makes tons of other amazing things but that's for a different thread.

Hincks Hawks, as they are lovingly dubbed by those who know of them, are renowned for their balance, simple yet sleek design and unwavering performance. He handmakes everyone his self and puts it through a stringent balance test and if it doesn't make the "cut" It is sent right back to the workshop to be re forged because he believes that any piece of metal with his name on it directly represents him as a person and he can and will stand proud by it. He has 51 years of experience in his craft, he uses his own custom design for the hawks that has been tried to be copied by countless others but they simply couldn't compete with his sheer skill and experience, so quite a few shysters out there started buying them for relatively cheap from Dee and putting their stamp on it and selling it triple what they paid, so he kind of got turned off on the idea of putting his work out there.

But as a meddling grandson with a "tv typewriter' as he calls it (laptop) I want to share them. I can post better and more pics later and of his amazing knifes and other things if this thread goes well. I know he would absolutely love to read that someone liked them.20240425_185643.jpg20240425_190002.jpg20240425_190019.jpgWIN_20240425_18_35_59_Pro.jpgWIN_20240425_18_47_54_Pro.jpgWIN_20240425_18_47_57_Pro.jpgWIN_20240425_18_27_20_Pro.jpgWIN_20171106_14_59_08_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• 20240425_185110_LI.jpg
    20240425_185110_LI.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
He says that if anyone paid enough he might be persuaded to sell. But these are among the last made and being 79 with Parkinson he cant make more so just keep that in mind if he doesn't part with them really cheap.

Please tell your grandfather that his work is beautiful. Does he have an asking price for the damascus hawk with the flats on the cheeks and poll?

Beautiful work....👌.......

Thank you for sharing this!!!!

Always ready for more steel around here we are!😜.....If you're willing we will oogle them after you post em!😉
Pass on " A Fine Job Sir " to him please🙏......

Waiting patiently for more pics!!!🤔

Thanks for the positive comments and reactions it made my grandpa's year. No exaggeration he is mostly stuck in a wheel chair and he was up walking around to get things in order for new pictures. I really appreciate this, it's fun to see him so happy.

They look good, compliments to your grandfather. 👍

(I've generally found daylight outside the best for images 😉)

Thanks for the positive comments and reactions it made my grandpa's year. No exaggeration he is mostly stuck in a wheel chair and he was up walking around to get things in order for new pictures. I really appreciate this, it's fun to see him so happy.

Happy to hear it. Also happy for you and him......This period will be etched in your memory of him forever!👍.

All the better if it motivates him a little too right!!😉. Enjoy your time together!!!!!!
Oh some pics would be awesome if possible...... If not no worries!!!

Best

James

Back