• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad I paid Schenk Knives $10,000... months later no knives, no refund

By way of an update... I've now talked to 2 other knife makers who stated they have paid money to Schenk with nothing to show for it. redhorseknives on IG is one of them and the other wants to remain anonymous for now. If these others prove to be true/correct that makes about $30k between the three of us 😱😭

The three of you should join forces with a legal team and take this guy down through the courts...liens, judgments etc.

Hell, there may even be enough to warrant a criminal investigation at this point.

Time to ramp up the pressure. Every moment wasted only hurts you and the other aggrieved parties.

Wow- what a POS.
With previous similar behavior, it seems charges of conspiracy to commit fraud and theft should be added.

I think this means it’s less likely he lost your knives from heat treat and more likely your knives we stolen and sold. Pretty awful.

I think this means it’s less likely he lost your knives from heat treat and more likely your knives we stolen and sold. Pretty awful.
Unlikely they ever did anything at all but pocket REK's money...would probably be more accurate under the circumstances. The rest just being fluff and window dressing.

Since it's been two more weeks, has there been any development? I don't know you, haven't seen your work or even read your name before stumbling upon this thread, but I sincerely hope you get what you deserve, this is just unheard of and I'm sorry you have to go through this!

Since it's been two more weeks, has there been any development? I don't know you, haven't seen your work or even read your name before stumbling upon this thread, but I sincerely hope you get what you deserve, this is just unheard of and I'm sorry you have to go through this!
Thanks so much. No no updates, although I did file a complaint with the AG.

Josh, you know where I stand on this. I’m sure I can check the couch for some loose change. ;)

In all seriousness, I’m here for whatever you need.

Keep at it Josh and continue to spread the word as much as you can. Hopefully you can help others from getting swindled by this “gentleman” as well. Good luck and I/WE all hope some kind of resolution comes around for you sir! You definitely don’t deserve this.

Wanted to update this... I just received a check for around $2500 from Schenk Knives. Zane said it's the first of 4 but I'm not sure when the next ones are coming. Will keep everyone posted!

Wanted to update this... I just received a check for around $2500 from Schenk Knives. Zane said it's the first of 4 but I'm not sure when the next ones are coming. Will keep everyone posted!
That's good news, Josh. But in fact, he owes you more than $10K. (I know, I know...)

It's a relief to see that the first step has been taken to help put this right.

I would cash that check so fast the ink would run (unless it has some type of restrictive endorsement on it such as “full and final payment”, “full satisfaction” or something similar).

Back