In God We Trust set, any thoughts on value?

stevep

Gold Member
My son has a nice pair of the 2003 CGG 'IN GOD WE TRUST' sebenzas, one small and one large. He asked me about selling them and i could not find a recent sale of ones like them anywhere. Has anyone seen a value put on these in the recent past? Times are tough for him money wise and i'd like to help him get an honest value of them so he can list them. any help out there? only one has the box and birthday card so far, looking for the other box.image_67183361.JPG

I can't help with a value beyond a guess, but I'd imagine the right CRK collector would spend $3000+ and maybe closer to $4000 for this set assuming the condition is as good as it looks and he can track down the other box/birth card. Plain Regulars are getting harder and harder to find, and I'm sure this is/was a fairly limited run. The market isn't flooded with them and these examples appear to be in excellent condition.

I think the above quote may be low, but while you might be able to get more it might take time to find the right person with both money and desire.

You may want to add if they have boxes birthcard and exact condition
They can signifixantly effect value
Hopefully one of the serious collectors can help

Back again after following the updates in your sale thread...I think you have multiple things going on that will significantly decrease the value to a collector:

- The large was not originally a CGG and the scale was added later.
- The lock side and clip of the small have been modified/refinished.
- The small doesn't have a box or birth card so it's history could come into question being that the large is not in it's original configuration.
- The picture shown in this thread makes the condition seem better than it appears to be in the rest of the photos.

Not bashing you at all, just telling you how I see the big picture. Trying to sell them as a set may be challenging being that one doesn't have a box/birth card and the other doesn't match it's box/birth card. They are still vintage Regular Sebenzas that are somewhat hard to find and I'm sure you will find someone interested in one or both of them, but it might not be the guy holding out for a minty fresh pair of "In God We Trust" Regular Sebenzas. You may have better luck splitting the pair and if you haven't already, it may be worth joining some CRK Facebook groups and advertising them there to a wider audience.

Back