Introduce yourselves...dont be shy.

My name is Wayne and I live on a farm in central Texas. I market legal insurance, raise veggies and bees.

I am a retired US Navy officer, spent 21+ years as a volunteer fireman and EMT, 10 years as a massage therapist, 10 years as a programmer for a central Texas computer company until they sent my job to China.

I have collected sharp, pointy objects since 1975, concentrating on US bayonets, Western and Kabar. Many of the knives I buy don't have sheaths, so that's how I got into leatherworking as a hobby. Due to a post by Zuluninja about Spanish made knives, I started collecting Muela blades last year.

Most of my working blades are Kabars and Beckers.

I recently started experimenting with metal casting, throwing knives and axes, so I'm working on some knife and ax designs in my copious spare time.

I'm single, no kids, 2 cattle dogs and a bazillion bees.

I'm Tim and I hail from Ontario, Canada. I am the "receiving co-ordinator" for the largest privately owned grocery distribution warehouse in Canada. My job is mainly scheduling all incoming deliveries to the warehouse. On a daily basis I need to fit 120-160 deliveries in an 8 hour window.

I'm a young - old guy at 30. With a few years in many different work environments. I started working at 14 in a warehouse picking orders, at 18 I got my certification for personal training and quickly figured out that I didn't mind the job but hated the hours. At 19 I got hired on by a private security organization which took interest in my test scores and physical abilities. They decided to train me in some really cool stuff. I worked for them as a private security contractor doing close protection and liability transfers until I was 24. Being away from home for long periods of time wasn't great for maintaining relationships. I was then hired on by an armored car company and worked out of the trucks learning the business. I then took over as the "coin pool administrator / manager" for all of the coin moved in my province with my company. I also worked as a liaison to the mint in that position. I was in charge of about 35 million dollars on a daily basis and reported to all the major banks. I ended up getting let go as "corporate reconstruction" occurred. I stayed home for 11 months with my boy as a stay-at-home daddy while working on my own private security business. Due to a few setbacks it never came into fruition but we did set the stage for Canadian companies wanted to hire and contract out of Canada for security work overseas. At this time we were then potentially going to have money problems unless I got a job. Without being able to find a position where I could balance family life and money making I got a job with "Gordon Food Services" at 28. I have worked my way up from an order selector to my current position in just under 2 years.

I'm married with 3 children (Evan 4, Isla 2, and Nicholas).

I have loved knives since I can remember. Almost removed my thumb with my brothers first SAK when I was 3. Once I was bitten I was hooked for life. I have been frequenting this website for the past 2 years but only joined up 7 months ago. I love being able to expand my knowledge of steel and outdoors survival . One day I hope to own my first hand made blade when the budget allows.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi . . . PlayHard here. I'm brand spanking new to this forum and in awe of some truly beautiful knives (and prices for that matter). I'm primarily a shooter, but always carry a knife (or 3) when tact'd up or hiking off trail. I always have an EDC too, rotating a Kershaw LEEK, SOG Flash II or (now deceased and cheap) MTech I got from a gun show. I'd really like to upgrade to some better quality knives . . . unfortunately on a budget. I've read some great articles and hope to learn a bunch more, here at BladeForums.

Got suggestions of my "baby steps" budget upgrade, I'd love to hear from ya'll.

Thanks for letting me be here.

-PH

I think it's cool that your first post is in a maker's forum.

Todd here makes some really great knives and the prices are not gougey at all compared to most custom or semi-custom knives. The only downside is the wait. When you order one, you go to the end of the list and you gotta wait. No instant gratification unless you get lucky and somebody cancels. Then you move up faster.

For instant gratification, you have to go with a mass production company. The downside there is you get it their way. You get it sooner but yours is like everyone else's until you mod it.

See you around the forum.

Hello, I was born and raised in west Philadelphia. I spent most of my days on a playground, having a merry old time and engaging in the art of "hoops" with some colleagues outside of the school when suddenly, a couple of fellows started causing a ruckus. After the scuffle, which to me had seemed rather minor, my mother grew worried and decided it would be best if I went to live with my aunt and uncle in Bel Air. So I signaled a taxi and as it approached I could see that the licence plate read "fresh" and that there were a pair of novelty fuzzy dice hanging from the review mirror. I thought this particular taxi rather odd but I brushed it off and told the driver to transport me to the home of my uncle and aunt in Bel Air. It was approximately seven or eight o'clock when I arrived at my destination and as I bid the driver farewell I also made note of the odor emanating from his vehicle and that if our paths ever crossed again I would recognize him from the smell. I surveyed my surroundings and thought to myself that I would be living like a prince and that this would be my kingdom.

True story.

Hello, I was born and raised in west Philadelphia. I spent most of my days on a playground, having a merry old time and engaging in the art of "hoops" with some colleagues outside of the school when suddenly, a couple of fellows started causing a ruckus. After the scuffle, which to me had seemed rather minor, my mother grew worried and decided it would be best if I went to live with my aunt and uncle in Bel Air. So I signaled a taxi and as it approached I could see that the licence plate read "fresh" and that there were a pair of novelty fuzzy dice hanging from the review mirror. I thought this particular taxi rather odd but I brushed it off and told the driver to transport me to the home of my uncle and aunt in Bel Air. It was approximately seven or eight o'clock when I arrived at my destination and as I bid the driver farewell I also made note of the odor emanating from his vehicle and that if our paths ever crossed again I would recognize him from the smell. I surveyed my surroundings and thought to myself that I would be living like a prince and that this would be my kingdom.

True story.

Nicely put!

More people need to post here and in Todds chat too. We need to keep Todds page in the Blade forums top of the page list ..lol

Hi . . . PlayHard here. I'm brand spanking new to this forum and in awe of some truly beautiful knives (and prices for that matter). I'm primarily a shooter, but always carry a knife (or 3) when tact'd up or hiking off trail. I always have an EDC too, rotating a Kershaw LEEK, SOG Flash II or (now deceased and cheap) MTech I got from a gun show. I'd really like to upgrade to some better quality knives . . . unfortunately on a budget. I've read some great articles and hope to learn a bunch more, here at BladeForums.

Got suggestions of my "baby steps" budget upgrade, I'd love to hear from ya'll.

Thanks for letting me be here.

-PH

Playhard, thank you for spending your first post on my subforum, welcome. Hope to see a lot of you around here. Its a pretty friendly place it can manipulate your way through all the BS. :D

Hi, my name is Bill . . . . and I am a knife / gun / outdoor / fishingholic . . . The one and only VIK1066 recommended this as a good place to stop in, and anyone who calls my wife a "Gorillia" where 245,000+ people could read it can't be all bad, you know (inside joke) ??? :D
And, only living up river from Todd by about 40 miles makes it easier to understand when he talks and post pics from his trips around him.
So thank all of you for allowing me to stop by this evening, and if it is permissable, I would like to stop in again on occasion.
Thanks for the hospitality, much appreciated.
Be safe,

Hi, my name is Bill . . . . and I am a knife / gun / outdoor / fishingholic . . . The one and only VIK1066 recommended this as a good place to stop in, and anyone who calls my wife a "Gorillia" where 245,000+ people could read it can't be all bad, you know (inside joke) ??? :D
And, only living up river from Todd by about 40 miles makes it easier to understand when he talks and post pics from his trips around him.
So thank all of you for allowing me to stop by this evening, and if it is permissable, I would like to stop in again on occasion.
Thanks for the hospitality, much appreciated.
Be safe,

Welcome, stop in anytime!

Hi my name is Allen i am maint man in southern indiana like to hike,shoot,kayak,camp,hunt not in any order and i am hoping to learn alot from everyone. I just want to give a shout out to murph thanks without you being friendly talking about knives i probably wouldn't be here.

Back