Is this place still active. Like the Ursus 45!

Some of the best knives out there. Always one of my first recommendations to others looking for a good fixed blade

Hi Folks,

I guess I'm late to the party, but I took delivery yesterday of an Ursus 45, s35vn, black burlap micarta scales & kydex sheath. After making enough feather sticks to start a dozen camp fires, it would still shave hair with a little extra effort. Five minutes later - after working the edge on white ceramic rods (17 degrees) & stropping, it is screamin' sharp again - it will literally fall thru receipt or printer paper without any hesitation & hair just pops for this thing.

The handle ergs are perfect (although due to my mutant size hands I was hoping for it to have a little more girth), the sheath is competently designed & well made (something I do not say lightly since that's the sorta thing that I do for a living).

I'm 61 years old and have been looking for "the one" since before I needed to shave, and at last I've found it. This is the most perfect all around knife I've owned after spending enough $ on knives to buy a new Jeep in my lifetime. Well done, guys. Well done!

Just to clarify, I meant this particular corner of BF not the entire place.
Honestly Bladeforum is stabbing itself in the foot by requiring people to pay to do literally anything other than post comments. Every other social media/forum platform allows free DMs, posting stuff for sale, etc but you have to pay to do that here. Not too many people want to do that when they can go practically anywhere else and do the same for free. Just my 2 rusty ole Lincolns on the matter but it's kept me from be here as much as I used to be.

I purchased an Ursus 45 CPM 3V in the Exchange a week ago and I can't believe how well it fits in my hand. The entire package from the wooden box, kydex holster and design of the knife is very well thought out and high quality. I also have a new Survive GSO 4.5 I purchased the week before and between the two, I like the Ursus 45 better. I don't understand why they aren't more popular around here. I'm already thinking the Firecraft FC4 or FC5 may be my next purchase... Of course the Sendero looks good as well.

I bought an M1 Caper about 6 months ago. Very handy little knife, mine opens a lot of boxes. I'm hoping to see White River at the Tulsa gun show in about three weeks. They're really nice folks, and I've purchased all four of my White River knives directly from them at the shows. Might just have to do it again, John is pretty good at talking me into walking away with something! I'll let you know how it goes....

Hi Folks,

I guess I'm late to the party, but I took delivery yesterday of an Ursus 45, s35vn, black burlap micarta scales & kydex sheath. After making enough feather sticks to start a dozen camp fires, it would still shave hair with a little extra effort. Five minutes later - after working the edge on white ceramic rods (17 degrees) & stropping, it is screamin' sharp again - it will literally fall thru receipt or printer paper without any hesitation & hair just pops for this thing.

The handle ergs are perfect (although due to my mutant size hands I was hoping for it to have a little more girth), the sheath is competently designed & well made (something I do not say lightly since that's the sorta thing that I do for a living).

I'm 61 years old and have been looking for "the one" since before I needed to shave, and at last I've found it. This is the most perfect all around knife I've owned after spending enough $ on knives to buy a new Jeep in my lifetime. Well done, guys. Well done!
Update to my previous post - I still think very highly of White River Knives, but after a lot more use I found the handles on the Ursus to be too small and prone to making my (admittedly huge) hands cramp. That knife would be perfect for me if the handle were more substantial, but as is I could not use it long term and ended up selling both of them.

Back