Lanny Ti versus CF or Maybe K1?

Torn between Lanny Ti or Carbon fiber model. Both with m390 but structurally different. The CF version seems to have a thinner lock bar than the full Ti lockbar. Doubt I would see much of a difference in my daily use. Kinda bored of CF but I could get some other scales made for it - at extra cost. Also kind of like the liner/bolster lock look.

Not sure if I like the texturing on the Ti model though. But seems like a solid knife though and there are lots of ano options.

Like the overall size of the Lanny but for the cost I could get a K1 in m390 with an awesome full length hollow grind.

I'm lost, can't make up my mind. And I have a Crossroads marbled CF on preorder...

I do know that I want a Reate, sold a lot of knives to get them.

Last edited:
Who still has CF M390 Lannys left in stock?

I prefer the Lanny over the K1. More EDC friendly size. The "crushed" titanium version is very nice. Or you could get both :D

yeah I think youre right about the Lanny. I picked up the M390 CF version from Blade HQ. I could've gotten the K1 for $50 cheaper elsewhere but I think the size difference is too significant to ignore for EDC. I think I will eventually get some micarta scales for it and possibly make it right hand carry only. Not a big fan of the blue hardware though

Good choice.

I own three Lannys - it’s one of my favorite knives.

The blue ano is not hard to remove if you don’t like it.

I have one of the micarta Lanny’s and love it, and feel the micarta is best suited for this traditional blade shape perfectly. If I were to buy another to accompany it, I would buy the full Ti one.

I have a full Ti and like it a lot. Should have the marbled CF one soon.

Back