Let's see some pictures!

Atlanta Olympics Commemorative Vic Executives
6Juhp5O.jpg

1996 - one to remember; The culmination of Mohamed Ali's illustrious career, the lighting of the Olympic Torch was somewhat overshadowed by Richard Jewel's struggles as the innocent suspect in the Olympic Park's unscheduled fireworks (bombing ) that left 1 dead and injured 111.
edit; to add historical data

Last edited:
Can't remember who originally suggested this combo to me, but I ended up coming back to it recently:

a.jpg

b.jpg

-Small combination Phillips (handles multiple sizes)
-Cap lifter
-Wire stripper
-Small flat driver
-Nail file
-Scissors
-Knife
-Tweezers
-Retractable Ink Pen
-Combination pliers
-Wire cutters
-Medium flat driver
-#2 Phillips

I don't think that a Squirt PS4 or a Style PS can measure up to this combo. They lose too much functionality and quality. It's hard for example to beat Victorinox scissors, at least in this size category, and the 58mm combo Phillips tool DESTROYS anything else you would find on a micro multi tool. There's nothing else comparable to it. And if you try to use Leatherman's small 2d Phillips with any real force, you'll destroy it. It won't hold up. To be fair, the #2 Phillips on the Serbertool probably wouldn't hold up too well under too much torque either. I'm careful with it. But the Victorinox combo Phillips can definitely take a lot more force and it can punch above its size class a bit more than most would suspect.

Last edited:
A Victorinox Scientist and a Leatherman Style PS compliment each other pretty well:
a.jpg

This Scientist is one that I made by using parts from 2 different SAKs. Victorinox Scientists are a bit rare and highly sought after, so it's not worth buying one for EDC. You're better off just building one.

The Style PS was also customized a little by me. I replaced the torx screws with phillips head screws and I also replaced the scissors with a metal file/saw from a Squirt PS4. A normal unmodified Style PS with scissors would work just as well for this combo, but I hate the Style/Squirt scissors and so that's why I replaced them with a file.

b.jpg

One of the nice things about combining a Style PS with a Victorinox swiss army knife is that you can put the toothpick from a 58 or 74mm swiss army knife in the tweezer slot of the Style PS. This allows you to carry a Firefly ferro rod in the toothpick slot of the Swiss army knife and you won't have to go without the toothpick. If you want the toothpick to fit more fully in the Style PS, then you can make a small modification to the G10 part of the Style. There's a small plastic nub at the base of the nail file that you just need to file off. This will allow the toothpick to insert more fully into the G10 scale. This requires you to undo the screw for that part, but it's not a necessary modification. The toothpick will insert fine without modding that part.

The Style PS also pairs well with a Tinker. Here it is next to an 84mm Tinker Small:
also.jpg

You get scissors, a nail file, a smaller 2D phillips, and wire cutting pliers added to your Tinker's tool set. It's a pretty well rounded little EDC combo. A Tinker is a lot easier to get than a Scientist...

I would say if you're having trouble getting a Squirt PS4, then this combo is a pretty good alternative. The Style PS has the same exact pliers as the Squirt. Same scissors too. When you add the Tinker, you're also getting two blades which are way better than the one on the Squirt, a bigger better bottle opener/flat driver/pry tool, and a Phillips screwdriver that's actually useful compared to the wimpy one on the Squirt. Plus there's always the tip of the can opener for helping you get into tight spots.

Back