Magnum knife?? Anyone know what this is??

Found this magnum knife new in the box. Box reads just magnum se-001,

Looks like a sypderco copy. Blade reads magnum 440 stainless japan.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

aqO3Ced.jpg

nByfdkv.jpg

DmHYC25.jpg

ShaYgj2.jpg

That's one way to copy a spidiehole without exactly copying it....lol.
I've never seen that model before, but the funny thing is that Boker's Seki made folders were mostly made by G.Sakai
who made/makes knives for Spyderco.

There was a knife company called magnum that I don't think was related to Boker years back , they made quite a few kitchen knives and cheap folders. They weren't junk but definitely not very high quality either.

Yes, the Magnum line was a budget offshoot of Böker, kind of like the Byrd line was to Spyderco. I tried a couple of Magnums and, in my experience, they were junk. Most were made of 440A stainless steel that I couldn't put an edge on regardless of which sharpener I used. The heat treat, if there was one, was horrible!

I did own, and still do come to think of it, a number of Cold Steel knives made with 440A blades, and they came with viciously sharp edges. And when they dulled, they easily sharpened back to extremely sharp edges.

I have a Night Force, a couple of Recon-1s and Pro-Lites, all with 440A (still new), but my Night Force is still one I carry and love. I'm also a fan of the Byrd line of knives, though I'm not sure which steel/s it uses.

So I'm not a big fan of Magnum. I have one stiletto folder made by Magnum and honestly can't tell which side of the blade is duller.

Back