New Gun Hammer!

These are a few pics of the HTM Gun Hammer I recently received. It came missing a clip screw which HTM shipped to me two days ago & I received today. Pretty fast shipping & good customer service so far. It came tip up which is how I carry my knives all the time, I could definitely use a deep carry clip as quite a bit shows while clipped. I tried tip down but it feels very top heavy and I feel uncomfortable carrying tip down.

The fit & finish is very good. Blade centered, stonewash finish is beautiful, jimping is not too extreme and feels grippy to the touch, spring action is very, very strong. This knife flips out with lots of authority with a satisfying clack. No blade play in either direction which is what you should expect from $200+ knife.

It is a thick knife, but carries well so far. The weight is 5.18 oz, a heavyish knife for its size but the blade is thick, the alloy scales are thick & it does have the SAO mechanism inside. I opted for the Torpedo style blade over the Bowie, just preferring the shape for EDC use. I also opted for S90V which I'm glad I did. It did not come as sharp as I like but about two minutes on the sharp maker and two minutes on the strop and it is now screaming sharp. I love S90V.

Anyway, this is not really a review a such, just some info for anyone looking into these knives. There are a couple bad reviews out there on this knife (pay no mind), but I took the plunge anyhow. Happy I did, you should do the same. Its a great knife and the HTM team is very helpful, good communication, good warranty. If anything should ever go wrong with your knife they wont hesitate to assist. Lacey is a very good representative to deal with.

Last edited:
Great to hear that you're happy with the knife and with the choice of S90V! :thumbup:

Gorgeous pictures, too! I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of re-hosting them on Photobucket and changing the links/tags so the pictures would show up in the body of your post.

Also, I'll inquire with Darrel about whether a low-ride clip might be something they'd consider making as an aftermarket accessory. I like how secure the clip is, but it'd be nice if it sat a bit lower in the pocket, especially given how thick the aluminum-handled HTM Gunhammer is.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic mod. Yeah, a low rider clip would really be great for this knife. I think many people would agree & buy them if they were done as an option.
Great to hear that you're happy with the knife and with the choice of S90V! :thumbup:

Gorgeous pictures, too! I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of re-hosting them on Photobucket and changing the links/tags so the pictures would show up in the body of your post.

Also, I'll inquire with Darrel about whether a low-ride clip might be something they'd consider making as an aftermarket accessory. I like how secure the clip is, but it'd be nice if it sat a bit lower in the pocket, especially given how thick the aluminum-handled HTM Gunhammer is.

Back