Ontario Knife Company DKC-2 or OKC-2 Survival knife or a Prototype or factory Error Knife?

Bought an Ontario survival knife listed as an SP-2 a couple of years back and put it away. I pulled it out yesterday and looked at it thinking it was a SP-2 and looking at reviews. To my surprise it is slightly different than an SP-2. It's about 92% an SP-2 but there is no fuller, the angle near the tip is different and the lanyard hole does not have a brass insert. The knife is labeled at first glance as an DKC-2 but if you look very closely there is a faint outline of an "O" making it an OKC-2 with the "O" having a vertical line through it. So it looks like it was double stamped but the gold filler was only applied to the DKO-2. Is this a prototype SP-2, a precursor to the SP-2 or a factory error? I'd appreciate any help or thoughts.

Last edited:
I’d say it is a regular OKC-2 etch that is just poorly executed.

So like a factory defect/error. Just the blade tip geometry looks slightly dif than the SP-2's.

Ok I have to back up here a little. I was looking only at the etch, but you’re right, the geometry is indeed different. So is the coating. Starting to wonder if this one is legit or a copy or something else? There are a lot of Sp17’s on the auction site right now, which by itself is odd, and their blade geometry is not quite right either, nor is the sheath. I have to wonder if someone’s selling off OKC unfinished stock, finished differently by someone else? And Blue Ridge did just by OKC didn”t they?

Blue Ridge did sell it as an SP-2 a couple of years back. It did not come with a box, and they claimed it was part of an OKC stock liquidation/clearance sale they bought out. They had some amazing deals. It was then that I also bought different seconds, some of their old stock anniversary knives, and knives with no sheath. But this one throws me. Yea, Blue Ridge did buy them out, and I keep hoping for another real excellent stock liquidation sale, but haven't seen one yet.

Maybe leftovers from a special order for a big customer, like they did with the 498’s and 499’s for Walmart.

True and maybe this one with the miss stamped factory error was deemed a second and tossed aside. Certainly a curiosity.

Back