Redmeadow Cowbell Discussion Thread

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A place to discuss everything about the Cowbell knives, from handle materials to Dibs, let's get some conversation going.

Discuss what you'd like to see in the Newsletter, any handle materials you'd like to see added, post up pictures, anything and everything.

I'll also be using this thread to announce when the next Newsletter will go out.

Here's a shot of the last four that just went out.
IMG_20210205_113352_580.jpg

We definitely need to see more blue canyon :p

Jeylg7n.jpg

We definitely need to see more blue canyon :p

Jeylg7n.jpg
I'm with you Mike, I've always got my fingers crossed for it. That cloudy blue goodness would be my pick.

Greg, I flatsanded that Rag today, that is such a cool material.

Well that's why no one is here. :confused: Holy smokes that is COOOOOOOLLLLLLD :eek:
I have pieces breaking off just thinking about it.

Take care John. I know you will but just adding a boost.

Maybe I'll have cowbell content tomorrow. :)

I enjoy the solitude of freakish cold.

Looks like four Cowbells might get delivered tomorrow. These really covered the four winds, Canada, Mississippi, California, and Maine.

They are saying mine will be delivered today , nothing moving fast right now -28c this morning

Cold here too, I'd cross my fingers for you but they might shatter!

Looks like yours was the only on that made it today Ray. I hope you like it and that it thawed out!

Hopefully the other three make it there tomorrow.

I ordered a Majestic Forge for my nephews that arrived at their place in Arizona today. They had visited last summer and all they wanted to do was forge, now they can get after it.

Cowbell-in-the-house.jpg

Now - to start getting it used ;) Got to loosen the sheath up a bit so that I can draw one handed without pulling the sheath out too - or get a thicker welt on my pocket :) No matter - I'm lovin' it.
Rightsize and shape for everything EDC :cool: and damn pretty too!

I received my Pocket Blade yesterday and all I can say is WOW! What a great little knife! What a great sheath!! What a great value!!!

i-WSzwPzP-XL.jpg

i-Kk5vZ8R-XL.jpg

“8” ball in the corner pocket.

i-v2ZFNWM-XL.jpg

I love this sheath design!!

i-4gkwH4d-XL.jpg

i-278HBMJ-XL.jpg

Thanks again John. I am happy to be a member of the Clan of the Cowbell.

Phil

View attachment 1507471

Now - to start getting it used ;) Got to loosen the sheath up a bit so that I can draw one handed without pulling the sheath out too - or get a thicker welt on my pocket :) No matter - I'm lovin' it.

What are your thoughts on the Mudwood? I really like the stuff. I’d definitely use it again.

I received my Pocket Blade yesterday and all I can say is WOW! What a great little knife! What a great sheath!! What a great value!!!

i-WSzwPzP-XL.jpg

i-Kk5vZ8R-XL.jpg

“8” ball in the corner pocket.

i-v2ZFNWM-XL.jpg

I love this sheath design!!

i-4gkwH4d-XL.jpg

i-278HBMJ-XL.jpg

Thanks again John. I am happy to be a member of the Clan of the Cowbell.

Phil
Those scales are insanely good looking.

What are your thoughts on the Mudwood? I really like the stuff. I’d definitely use it again.

It needs a bigger canvas/handle to be fully appreciated but I have no regrets. I really like the curvy lines and the great mix of colors. It feels good too - plenty grippy. :thumbsup:

Those scales are insanely good looking.

Thanks for the compliment Mack. It helped that John was kind enough to send me a paper pattern of the knife so that I could trace out the best layout for the scales. That was key because as RayseM RayseM pointed out above, this handle is a small canvas to work with to capture all the colors and patterns that many G.L. Hansen G-Carta incorporates into their scales.

The Blue Bones color I selected was a departure from my default green/brown/black micarta handles. John did a great job of bringing the pattern to life.

Phil

It needs a bigger canvas/handle to be fully appreciated but I have no regrets. I really like the curvy lines and the great mix of colors. It feels good too - plenty grippy. :thumbsup:

Bigger canvas - I’d use it on something else for sure. :thumbsup:

I tie
View attachment 1507471

I tied a loop of cord that I could grab with my pinky then push with my thumb on the sheath until it broke in some.

Back