RF1-V2 Order Signup Information and Questions!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
RF1-V2 Order Signup Information and Questions!

I am about to bring back my original folder design with some major improvements! It will have the same classic lines and overbuilt features but will have a bit bigger blade to handle ratio, taller CPM-3V blade and about 1/4" longer at 8.75" overall with a bigger 3.75" blade. The RF1-V2 will open from both sides via thumb or finger flick and it will also be a front flipper! I'm going to use massive hardware including the biggest heat treated caged stop pin in the business as well as a large pivot and hardware.

I'll keep this up here for two days and we will do a signup (via here, facebook or email danielfairlyknives at gmail dot com) on Thursday morning.

I will be making these in order! I'll do the sign up and when your turn comes up (or sometime before) you can pick all of your options so you have a bit of time to decide on your custom configuration. I need a few of you to sign up to make this happen.

These will be handmade by me a few at a time with my goal being 1-2 knives per week output. Once I do the signup I will get the project started and keep everyone up along the way. please feel free to ask any questions, I am always more than happy to help.

Specs

8.75" Overall with 4.95" handle and 3.75" blade
.190" thick Titanium frames
.22" thick CPM-3V Blade
Ti Backspacer - Thick carved ti Clip

1/4" heat treated stop pin!
3/8" head 1/4" barrel heat treated custom pivot
Heat treated screws - will probably be 6-32
Highest grade ceramic caged bearings on the market, massive 1/2" size
Ceramic detent for smooth action
Carbidized lock face

Double shallow hollow grind with polished slightly convex edge
Stonewashed finish with loads of other options open

Base Price - $695 - USA shipping is included - International Shipping is Available

I am asking for a $20 deposit to secure your spot in line for the order. The deposit applies to the base price, for example a base model would be $20 deposit plus $675 upon completion. The deposit is absolutely non refundable for any reason, no trading or selling of spots. High end materials like a Timascus frame side will most likely require a larger deposit sometime before the build to help secure materials. No deposit required until the signup is complete.

Options! I'll be adding to this list as I go and you can decide on your configuration sometime before your turn comes up.

Left hand option! - no charge... includes left hand frame side and clip

Chisel grind - no charge for most... also open to compound chisel grinds

Heavily Contoured Scales - $40 - thick in the middle tapering to an ergonomic perimeter

Milled/Sculpted/Textured/Etc Scales - $40 and up depending on labor time, talk to me for a quote

Acidwashed Blade - no charge

Two Tone Blade - $50 (eithe satin flats or satin bevel with contrasting acidwashed/stonewashed flats or bevels)

Anodized Frames - $25-40 more ($25 for most solid finishes and $35-40 for tie-dye, fade, two tone (anodized, stonewashed then anodized a lower voltage color) copper/green or green

Stonewash the Anodized frames - no charge after anodizing charge

Jimping! $20 per area/section for most types including hand filed fine jimping, round or even squared off milled jimping. I recommend spine jimping on the blade for front flipping. I will jimp the spine, backspacer, backspacer or front top of frame, bottom tailing end of frame and more.

Fuller or Double Blade Fullers - $20-50

Different Blade materials - just ask!

Titanium SK Pivot with heat treated stainless steel barrel - $10

Titanium Pivot Collar - $25 (includes anodizing, orange peel, etc) (I can also do copper pivot collars and maybe more later)

Timascus Clip - $50 (I have some incredible Black Timascus with Zirconium on hand)

Timascus show side - $300 (let me know a bit in advance on this so we can order some great looking material... extra thick may cost more)

Zirconium Clip - $40 in black zirc

Zirconium Show Side - $150 in black zirc

Zirconium Pivot - $40 in black zirc

As mentioned I'll be adding more options as we go and please inquire with any ideas for options you want, etc and I'll see if I can make it happen!

Here's the design... I'll get pics up of the lock side next.

rf1v2shape.PNG rf1v2shape.PNG

Bump! This looks like it will happen, thanks everyone for the feedback via PM!

Signup is at 10 am today! Just post here, email or PM me for your spot once I announce it!

Back