Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger

Still carrying my 1983-84 version and will not ever replace it as my go-to hunting knife!
My original Sharpfinger certainly outlasted me in my outdoor adventures. I still have it and it is still quite presentable and usable all these years later. There was truth in those early magazine ads! Schrade Knives Ad 1978.jpg

Original Sharpfinger.JPG

I noted here in this forum in October of 2006 regarding the Chapter 11 dissolution bankruptcy of United Cutlery and more specifically their manufacturing division, Arrowhead Manufacturing in Rockford, Tennessee. They had just begun production of Sharpfinger clones.

United Cutlery Brands was founded in 1984 by Kevin Pipes and John Parker (SMKW), David Hall and Phil Martin of Blue Ridge Knives. David Hall ran the operation. Hall bought out the last of the partners in 2000 and was then sole owner. Tomahawk was their sourcing division finding, importing and wholesaling knives from overseas. Arrowhead was their manufacturing division in East Tennessee. Arrowhead's President was Jim Hamilton. They used the latest CNC milling machines, laser cutters to cut blanks etc. The factory began running full tilt in August of 2003. They purchased some of the machinery from the ISC liquidation in late 2004.

They produced three brandings of the modernized 152OTX pattern knives and two brandings of traditional styled Sharpfingers. The three were branded Harley Davidson, Rigid and Klaas. The two traditional ones were Outdoor Life FS0152C and Harley Davidson Roadrunner.Klaas Custom Hunter a.jpg

Another Ducks Unlimited issue. 152DULTD – Dark wood handle, coined duck head shield, two ducks in flight blade etch w/Ducks Unlimited text, Duck head logo branded sheath.

5-4-24 152DU a.jpg5-4-24 152DU b.jpg

Back