Schrade 227UH question

BigAl62

Gold Member
Disclaimer: I bought this knife for a pretty good price so the answer won't break my heart. The seller insisted the knife was made in the '90's and the fact that it doesn't specifically say "China" is an indicator that it was US made. I wanted to throw the yellow BS flag but I held my tongue and paid what I thought was a fair price for a Taylor Brand knife. The F&F is pretty good and I'm not particularly unhappy with my purchase. But is there any chance, the seller was correct in saying the knife was US made? I can carry this one and leave my nice US made ones nestled in their felt-lined drawers.

Attachments

• IMG_6505.jpg
    IMG_6505.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6506.jpg
    IMG_6506.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 3
The tang stamp is Chinese. There are only a couple instances where American Schrades were not tang-stamped U.S.A. There were a few limited edition fixed blade knives with BG42 very hard steel which were not tang stamped, and there were very early folders from 1946 to the early 1950s which just said N.Y. instead of N.Y. U.S.A. All other Schrade knives which are not stamped U.S.A. are made overseas.

Back