Off-Topic Share your animal friends!

Maggie has “I’ve got a secret and I’m not telling” look going

Hello, my name is Smokey, I am a kitty cat.

I eat so much food that you’d think I should be fat,

but I have a rare condition, burning calories with love,

so even though I eat all day it never is enough.

IMG_4826.jpeg

That little puppy is now officially a bird dog! This weekend, at four months of age. She pointed, retrieved and brought a shot bird back to hand. Then proceeded to repeat it a half dozen times.

Now it’s a matter of building prey drive and repetition, repetition, repetition.

She’s a natural!

Last edited:
That little puppy is now officially a bird dog! This weekend, at four months of age. She pointed, retrieved and brought a shot bird back to hand. Then proceeded to repeat it a half dozen times.

Now it’s a matter of building prey drive and repetition, repetition, repetition.

She’s a natural?
There's nothing like working with a gun dog. Congratulations, I still remember the first rabbit that Lola and I brought home.

One of the training techniques given to us is to get a couple live rabbits for her to hunt and build up prey drive. Until summer when we move into our new house I’ll have to work with her at daybreak in a city park. We were told of a pro trainer that works his dogs in Central Park. It’s doable.

I started the beagle at a local county park. Let her sight chase them, and the nose would take over from there. She wound up being a great gun dog; but at home she was an ill tempered little brute, who smelled and gave me constant headaches.

Still loved her anyway...

Back