Spyderco Travel-Ti canteen cup

Those who appreciate Spyderco might like this:

Not sure I absolutely need it, but can´t help not getting it. What do you think? How would you use it?

Last edited:
Those who appreciate Spyderco might like this:

Not sure I absolutely need it, but can help not getting it. What do you think? How would you use it?
You might also check out Snowpeak’s double walled titanium mugs, which some might say look nicer (subjective of course)

I got it, love it. (China made) Yes titanium is expensive but if you use it for 20 years, it will cost about $4 a year, right?
I´ve had a Snow Peak 450ml for many years, but it doesn´t say Spyderco on it!

Another option (weighs 3 more ounces at 8oz) for others maybe:

That particular option matches the common Lixada and Tomshoo Ti double wall cups and mugs I get from Ali Express for $15~$30 delivered depending on specifics.

Personally, I prefer a round double wall mug of ~450ml capacity for coffee and tea. Cooking, a round ~750ml single wall mug/pot works best for me for ~600ml of boiling water for my morning coffee with enough left over for my oatmeal.

Wait... ^^^ you can cook in a double wall? I thought that was a no-no...that's why I've always avoided double walled mugs...

Wait... ^^^ you can cook in a double wall? I thought that was a no-no...that's why I've always avoided double walled mugs...

I heat my water in a 600~750ml cup/pot/mug and pour it into the double wall insulated cup for my tea or coffee so it doesn't cool down super fast while I enjoy my morning oatmeal or noodles with eggs and veggies or, simply sit somewhere enjoying the nice view with some hot coffee or tea.

Yes, cooking directly in a double wall vacuum insulated cup or bowl is a no-no. Plus, it won't heat the contents very well either.

I always 'nest' a smaller double-wall cup inside my larger 'cooking' cup or mug.

Still like the normal shaped Snow Peak mugs for camp mugs. They're a pricey luxury item but sure worth it when you're sipping some tea in the backcountry.

No, you cannot cook in a double wall anything. It is an insulating vesel, so whichever heat you apply to the outside, will not transfer to the inside. So no cooking.

I don't get the idea of double walled mugs unless you are talking closed thermos (for taking hot beberages ice climbing, for example). If you fear the tea or favourite brew is going to get cold, drink it faster and be done with it. But having to carry a cooking pot + another metal double walled cup for drinking... not for me!

Mikel

I got it, love it. (China made) Yes titanium is expensive but if you use it for 20 years, it will cost about $4 a year, right?
I´ve had a Snow Peak 450ml for many years, but it doesn´t say Spyderco on it!

Another option (weighs 3 more ounces at 8oz) for others maybe:

It's made in Japan. Via Google AI search: "Snow Peak's connections in its hometown of Tsubame-Sanjo made it possible to develop a series of high-quality titanium products. Tsubame-Sanjo is known locally in Japan as the metalworking capital for its storied history of fine craftsmanship.Feb 1, 2023."

Do you know how many ounces it is? Thanks!

Back