Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

J Joecleo86

Can you point me to where I could see that sheath? Search hasn't brought up anything for me on the jakaaripuka.

Im probably destroying the spelling of it haha the company is terava they also make the skrama. Hope that helps. The one im getting made for my edc is from rick lowe.

Thanks gents, keep it coming.

My current fixed blade inventory is a Busse SOS and RMD, CPK EDC and Field knife with factory and aftermarket kydex. I have four GSO's on order but none in my posesion yet. I really don't have a lot of experience with fixed blades so that's why I'm soliciting your input and experience. I lean towards kydex because it light, secure and easy to draw from, but the sagewood sheaths look awesome....

Uses for the 4LE will be for hunting/game prep and backpacking. It will most likey be carried inside my pack, so the sheath may not matter as much as I think if there is not much of a weight penality for leather.
What aftermarket sheaths do you have for your edc and how do u like it. Im really liking the knife but not the sheath that came with it. The kydex comes up too far on the handle for me. It feels akward to pull out and resheath

I got his one from AL and I like it a lot. I'm tempted to grab another for my FK and stack the EDC on the FK sheath.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/carothers-edc-in-arizona.1477852/

IMG_3742_zpsxzqnledo.jpg

Im probably destroying the spelling of it haha the company is terava they also make the skrama. Hope that helps. The one im getting made for my edc is from rick lowe.

Thank you! I'm familiar with the skrama, I'm sure I can find it now :thumbsup:

My current fixed blade inventory is a Busse SOS and RMD, CPK EDC and Field knife............I really don't have a lot of experience with fixed blades

Whew, you've got some nice blades there man. That SOS called out to me pretty hard. Nice job scoring one.

My current fixed blade inventory is a Busse SOS and RMD, CPK EDC and Field knife with factory and aftermarket kydex. I have four GSO's on order but none in my posesion yet. I really don't have a lot of experience with fixed blades
This kind of made me chuckle. You say you have no experience, yet jumped into (in my experience and opinion) the very pinnacle of knife brands :D
If you get into more semi-customs and full customs I'm sure there's room to go up, but the brands you mentioned are all top notch.

Also, Azwelke is awesome. I hope to own some of his work some day.

What aftermarket sheaths do you have for your edc and how do u like it. Im really liking the knife but not the sheath that came with it. The kydex comes up too far on the handle for me. It feels akward to pull out and resheath

A quick fix can be a little fob type lanyard. Just enough to get a grip on. I don't have a pic of what I'm talking about handy but they're used on folders as well. Just a thought.

"
This kind of made me chuckle. You say you have no experience, yet jumped into (in my experience and opinion) the very pinnacle of knife brands :D
If you get into more semi-customs and full customs I'm sure there's room to go up, but the brands you mentioned are all top notch."

Thanks. I'm glad I'm on the right track. I spent spent a long time educating myself here and ordered a GSO for my first knife. While waiting for that to show up, I bought the RMD...then found CPK...then ordered some more GSO's. You know the story...

Back to the 4LE sheath, anyone else have thoughts or input?

Last edited:
Leather over kydex, my favorite type of sheath. The one thing about kydex that makes problems for me is that it's more noisy in the woods.

When I first saw a leather over kydex sheath, I wondered why use both materials, but you guys bring up good points. I just looked at Rick Lowe's web page and his leather over kydex sheaths look great. It looks like this may be the answer.

Thanks gents

When I first saw a leather over kydex sheath, I wondered why use both materials, but you guys bring up good points. I just looked at Rick Lowe's web page and his leather over kydex sheaths look great. It looks like this may be the answer.

Thanks gents

I just got my shipment notification from rick lowe. i"ll post up some pics of the sheath when it gets here and let ya know what i think.

Got my sheath on Monday heres a few pics

So far i like it, its comfortable to carry and much easier to sheath and unsheath the knife now that i can get a fuller grip on it. The build quality is good, the only issues i have is the end of the leather isnt tight to the kydex. I figured this might be an issues going in but ill see if i can try and glue it down or something. Besides that there's a slight rubbing on the blade thats leaving some marks. If i remember correctly the blade profile of the 4v edc may be slightly different than the other edc's so this might not be the makers fault. Overall im happy with the sheath and will continue to use it. Hope this helped

Love that sheath. Just ordered one in black. That sheath in a cross draw style should keep the edc on my belt.

I was just looking at Guy's video of the GSO 4 LTD and it is a pretty one.
I noticed that the sharpening choil is mighty deep, and it seems like too much just to facilitate sharpening and too small for anything else.

I was just looking at Guy's video of the GSO 4 LTD and it is a pretty one.
I noticed that the sharpening choil is mighty deep, and it seems like too much just to facilitate sharpening and too small for anything else.

Yup, was speculating about that myself - it looks like an artifact of manufacturing - grinding down the primary may have resulted in thinning of the metal at the original choil to the point that he simply ground it deeper? *shrug*

Is that the sheath the 4 came with?

Edit:
Not the sheath pictured with the LE sale,
It was available with the previous version of the 4.1 which is what the 4LE are made from, in a manner of speaking... Er, typing.

Last edited:
I thought that the 4le had a different sheath it was supposed to come with? Iirc the one they pictured with the original order were different. I have that exact sheath for my old spec 4.1

Back