THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

You're making me blush Tom, which is quite an accomplishment after what happened in Tallahassee last year. The local newspaper showed me no mercy!

Sam🤣

jbmonkey jbmonkey Hi Jesse, good seeing you outside of our usual stomping’ ground. Can’t believe I’ve been posting on this thread for over 10 years.

And some client pics of a recent B.U.S.H. Bowie. This one actually got used, which is nice.🔥🔥

TltDMjT.jpeg

1evGtvj.jpeg

Sam⚔️⚔️
What a sweet looking knife !!!!!!! Beautiful lines !! Just really great work !!!!!

jbmonkey jbmonkey Hi Jesse, good seeing you outside of our usual stomping’ ground. Can’t believe I’ve been posting on this thread for over 10 years.
yeah was scanning along forums and saw Sam post, so in I came, liking posts....

Reactions: TAH
The mid-tech S.A.F.E. Knife is finally here! 100% Made in the U.S.A., we are VERY pleased with the quality and tolerances. Here is the Scout version (base model) in green and black wrap. More info on Gear Convoy.

12Ff7vY.jpg

NstbGR5.jpg

Sam🔥🔥

Last edited:
Here is my modified Cold Steel Bushman. I simply detested the vibration transmitted to my hand every time I whacked something, so I resolved to try and do something about it.

The completed prototype:

Cold Steel Bushman 1.jpg

The handle was covered by a bit of 1.25-inch heat-shrink tubing, leaving enough room for the butt-cap.

Cold Steel Bushman 4.jpg

Then half of a wine cork was driven into the handle, from butt toward the blade.

Cold Steel Bushman 2.jpg

Step 3 was to paint both ends of the cork with flat black paint, hopefully waterproofing it.

Cold Steel Bushman 3.jpg

The butt-cap is a shortened chair-leg cap.

I tested it by taking several whacks at a large chunk of wood. Vibration is significantly reduced. I have not yet tested the watertightness of the modification, but I am hopeful.

For some reason these knives keeping finding their way to my house. Been working with a local wood worker to come up with a one and done display buy not getting much traction with the project.

The Knapp is the most recent knife to find it's way here. Found that I could repack the magazine and get some quick tinder and a small button compass into it also.

The Wall Sunfish has been my hiking companion over the summer but can't wait to get some miles on the Knapp.

View attachment 2275487View attachment 2275488View attachment 2275490

Be Safe.
The display of hollow handles blades...
I like that ! ;)

Back