The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

blanco112

Gold Member
The Inkosi has been around for a while yet to my knowledge we haven't had an Inkosi appreciation thread which is a shame because I know there are a lot of fans out there. Personally, I love everything about it: the hydraulic action, the twin ultra large washers, the ceramic ball lockup, the lack of lanyard pin, the belly on the insingo, and yes even the angled clip!

Anyway I'm curious to hear what you all like about the Inkosi and to see all your pictures! I'll kick things off with pics of my current trio.

IMG_20180312_173333~01~01.jpg IMG_20180220_172851~01~01.jpg
PSX_20180417_193007.jpg

I have the WC version as well as the CF Inkosingo from Knife Art. While I love them my 21 beats them out in smoothness, but agree in all the other points wholeheartedly. If they had the bushing pivot I would never buy another knife but these.

My Inkosi eats 21's for breakfast!
IMG_20180413_191559~2.jpg IMG_20180411_132633~3.jpg IMG_20180417_182542~2.jpg

PS : I can adjust my own pivot. I'm happy it is gone on this model:). I can only afford one so I like your assortment.

The blade's extra beef, ceramic lock ball/detent and slight hollow perform nutty well. The clip is better too.

Once you give into the grip you realize Chris is a genius!

Your top photo was my first choice but I picked up the Wilson you have in your hand. That is a reaaaaal knife.

Last edited:
Here’s my sweet Inkosi hanging out with its gang.

eGmtjQm.jpg

A sexy custom knife walks by.

OrYlvv5.jpg

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Will have to try an Inkosi at some point. Have the Regular; 25; Umnum; and “a few” 21’s. It never seems to end...And who want’s that to happen? Collecting is never ending - wot?

Tim Reeve runs their marketing department so he has to say that :)

Seriously though, I just got a lightly used Inkosi yesterday and I'm in love. I still can't get over the inlay "hump" on the lock side though. I think I'll stick with the 21 for inlays.

You guys have hit a lot of nails on the head regarding the Inkosi. Sorry to be so harsh but it's almost obtuse to even try and argue that the washer design, lockface/detent and clip placement along with ease of maintenance isn't an overall improvement over any knife.....ever! I've owned 6 different small Sebenza's over the years and it's honestly and obviously an iconic and great knife....Buuuut, the Inkosi is better. :p I've had a small Inkosi in my pocket since Nov. of 2015 and wouldn't dream of being without. I've tried almost every iteration of the small and small insingo inkosi and for my money the small micarta is top dog. I've said it many, many times. Small Inkosi is the best small folder.....ever!
20180418_082603.jpg

Tim Reeve runs their marketing department so he has to say that :)

Seriously though, I just got a lightly used Inkosi yesterday and I'm in love. I still can't get over the inlay "hump" on the lock side though. I think I'll stick with the 21 for inlays.
He and Chris both EDC Inkosis which is pretty cool.

By "hump" do you mean the little cut out for the clip?

Yeah I meant the cut out. I think the inlays look a lot more elegant on the 21.

Back